We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Topic
Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

First time in GP event. Is there any specific dress code for the race or wear whatever comfortable?

Asking this question because the Malaysia being a conservative country and does not want to wear inappropriate for a grand event :)

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,862 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Depends where your sitting/standing, are you in hospitality or just a normal paying punter who might be sitting on the stands/hill...

Wear whats comfortable for you, you will get hot so if you are out on the hill take an umbrella.

You will see people dressed in all kinds of clothing from shorts to long trousers t.shirts etc.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

It will be HOT!! Wear light colors like white, bring a hat, bring sunblock, bring cash as food and drink will be expensive. Bring an umbrella for both sun and rain.

Bring a bottle of water for the journey there. I think they do ot let you bring the bottle in, however.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,707 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Yes agree with above

Don't think dress code is any issue - unless you are getting into one of the cars and doing the circuit yourself! In that event, you better wear the team colours!

Edited: 16 March 2013, 16:08
Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Very casual in grandstand seats but it is extremely hot so make it as cool as possible, I would say! the heat builds up undercover. We always get the seats on the outside so that i can climbover and sit on the grass!! Still very hot but a little bit of air at times. You can't take food or drink in and you will be searched on entering the stand so please be careful. The food and drink is obviously more expensive than outside the track but it is not extortionate by any means, and let's face it, it's one of the cheapest races you can go to. It's available at several tents around the stands at all times. Enjoy! I know I will for sure.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. One worry of mine is cleared now :)

The next one is about the cameras. I will be opening a separate question for that. Thanks again..!!!

Colombo, Sri Lanka
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Thanks feetnotonground. Your comment is much useful. Yes, I will be in crystal stand and as per the ticket food and beverages are included. But I was thinking of take few nuts and nibbles, not I leave that idea.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Extremely hot and humid at this venue.

Light cotton garment the most suitable for this sport+disposable rain coat>>just in case there is a heavy down pour ..

Plastic bag to protect your camera gear.

All type of dressing>>no problem over here.

Hide all important document and money inside shirt or dress for safety measure.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

food and drink provbided in the Crystal Stand??? you sure about that. there are food stands near, but I don't believe it's inlcuded in your ticket price.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

the grid and pit lane girls can provide some inspiration.. and well a really close encounter with the drivers.

Besides dress code--maybe a binoculars, cooling talcum powder( the ones by Snake Brand from Thailand is really great), and a T-shirt for a fresh change of clothes when heading back to the city..it might rain too.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Dress code for Grand Prix Malaysia

Actually a good attire is Uniqlo AIRism - this fiber wicks away sweat and keeping the wearer dry and comfortable while ensuring a smooth and silky feeling next to the skin, AIRism is perfect for wearing under office shirts or summer dresses, offering superior drying action with anti-odor and anti-bacterial properties, and ensuring dry confidence throughout the day.

Also Columbia Sportswear SPF 35+ attire.

And the cap.