We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL Airport clearing customs

Singapore, Singapore
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
KL Airport clearing customs

We are travelling from Sydney to KL arriving at 3:35am and our flight to Langkawi is at 10:40am, all booked with Malaysia Airlines. Hoping to grab a hotel for a few hours in between. Do I clear customers in KL or in Langkawi - that will help if I get the hotel airside or not. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

You will clear Customs in KL.

The Sama Sama (formerly Pan Pacific) hotel is right next to the terminal and connected by a covered walkway. They provide transport by way of an extended golf buggy.

Edited: 24 March 2013, 05:10
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,634 posts
2,075 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

There is also the Airside Hotel which will be value just a get a few hours sleep.

Tommo

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,399 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

Hi

Agree with the others. As you will remain in transit, if you can get the airsid hotel then do so, but it is normally booking up.

Otherwise the Sama Sama is a great hotel to walk to or get the golf buggy, but you will need to clear immigration to get to it.

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
4,461 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

This useful website may help give you a few alternative ideas www.sleepinginairports.net

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

The Airside (Transit) hotel is in the Statellite Building where International wide bodied jets arrive. There is a light rail connects it to the main terminal where you will need to go to clear Immigration/customs on arrival in KL and to catch your domestic flight to Langkawi. It is not an option for an overnight stay as once you have cleared Immigration/customs you will not be able to return to the Satellite building.

Mentioned in this post
Langkawi
Langkawi
Langkawi District, Malaysia
Ireland
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

It seems to me that your options depend on whether or not your luggage will be checked through to LGK. If so then you can chose to stay airside and then go through customs in time for your domestic departure or you can go through customs on arrival and stay in a hotel land side. If you have to collect your bags and then re check them for your LGK flight then you will have to find a hotel land side.

When I have flown LHR - KUL - LGK I don't see my bags in KUL. I'm flying HKG - KUL - LGK in May and Cathay tell me they can check my bags through to LGK.

Luzon, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

SIR/MADAM:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN...

asalamualaykum...sir/madam please do i know the email address of KUALA LUMPUR CUSTOMS in the airport,..i have a big problem to settle with them..i want to check if its true that they hold my parcel from ENGR. BEN MAXWELL of UK...because the EAGLE COURIER SERVICES told me that the parcel will hold by the malaysian customs in the airport thats why it will not deliver to me...my name is ROSSME RAMILO CARASO from manila philippines,please anybody could help me in this matter..i need your help...this is my email address..rrossme@yahoo.com please reply to me..thanks you so much..MORE POWER

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

Hi Rossme,

I am sorry to inform you that you are a victim of a parcel scam.

Please do not send money

Read more here -

lawyerment.com.my/boards/article-Malaysia_Fr…

http://conscience-knocker.blogspot.com/

themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/chea…

The person talking to you is not a handsome looking westerner. I all likelihood he is a Nigerian Student here on a study visa.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,330 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

I think ROSSME might be the scammer!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: KL Airport clearing customs

No Lar, bigw....parcel scams are big business in KL. Many victims. Might be due to the many Nigerian students here.