We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
858 posts
136 reviews
Save Topic
malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

over more than 8 hours?

i booked a flight from hong kong to sydney, stop over is 8hour 55 min,, just wondering if airline offer free accommodation? just call them on 132627, one lady answered, but apart from say hello, she puts me onhold, then listening to them free music for 10 min, cut off by...

if they still do, anyone can tell quite recently, what kind of accommodation?

thanks

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

The short answer is no.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

It's at the sole discretion of the airline to give out free accommodation to its passengers. More often than not, your fare class determines the outcome. Full fare Y class you might have a chance, deeply discounted coach class fares: tough. No harm asking though. I remember years ago a gentleman who was on a coach class ticket Y fare doing the kangaroo route and posted the same question here, everyone was saying tough luck, but he did come back and shared that Malaysia Airlines did offer him free accommodation.

I certainly did get free accommodation in the past but they were with different airlines traveling on connecting flights in coach but it had always been cases where I paid through the nose for a coach class due to last minute travel and I was expecting accommodation to be comped for the night.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

If you booked it through an agent ask them as first trip didn't realise they offered it, second trip it was just an of the cuff remark that made me realise they did and my daughter had a free hotel room.. We haven't used it since it I am fairly sure they still offer it as a work colleague only just used the pan pacific (has another name now) for free via MAS

MAS has terrible customer service these days for phone or email enquiries but if you don't have an agent ring till you get someone that understands what you want. I am unsure if such a short stop over will give you the free stay but it's worth asking

Another option though is the airside hotel is around $50au for 6hrs it's a nice place and gives you a chance to have a shower etc.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

The only time I have had free overnight accomodation was when a flight delay (no fault of Malaysia Airlines) resulted in a missed connection in KL and I had to wait for a flight the next morning. PS I have found their customer service to be no worse than some and a lot better than a lot of others. In fecent contact with their Melbourne call centre I only waited abou 2 minutes. You need to consider the time of day you call and try to avoid high demand times.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

Hey bigW they do offer free accomadation if in transit however I am not sure how long it has to be or from what countries...I,e ours has always been 11hrs and when returning from Europe- we have received it.

There customer service from Adelaide used to be great when they had an Adelaide call centre however I still love their planes and MAS in general. Sometimes they take awhile on emails but most times they give me the response I need :)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
858 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

thank all of you for sharing your experience. the stop over is 8 hours 55 min, specially after my 11and half hour fly from zurich then 3.5 hour from hong kong, if they do offer it will be great, if not, i need consider a hotel nearby if under 100, should give us a good rest.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
7,793 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

If you mean under $100 then the Sama Sama which is right next to the treminal will suit you.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
858 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

thank you. will try

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,200 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

I think you will find that the Sama Sama is quite a bit more than $100. Great hotel though!!

Australia
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: malaysia airlines still offer free accomodation for stop

Try the airside hotel then only round $230+tax MYR

www.klia.com.my/index.php…