We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Topic
Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

We will be arriving at 4AM next month in Kuala Lumpur with AirAsia.

I'm wondering is any hotel in China Town or Bukit Bintang still open at the early hour for checkin? Our budget is around $50/ night. The next flight would be the next day at 9AM,

Much appreciated for any input.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,241 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

My thoughts are that you'd probably be better getting a room near the airport, dropping off your luggage, freshening up and then heading into KL for the day, and then go back and get a decent nights sleep before your next flight. Otherwise, you'd be up for a pretty early start the following day if you stay in CT/BB.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

Hi

Yes the hotels will be open, but guarantee that you will get a room you would need to have booked that night (ie from 2pm the day before you arrive until 11am the day you arrive).

Arriving at 4am will also mean that there is limited transport, taxis will be charging 50% extra until 6am and the first skybus does not leave until 7am!

Similarly on the way to the airport for the next flight will mean a very early start, at around 5am latest.

I would be tempted to stay at LCCT and get a bus into the city for a look see!

Edited: 06 June 2013, 07:12
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

I agree with the above 2 suggestions.

Stay at the Tune hotel which is just across the LCCT, and also within your budget.

Take the red airasia bus into town and back.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

Snap!!

Phillip Island...
Level Contributor
771 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

I too agree with staying at Tune hotel LCCT. We fly in at 3.15pm and then out to Cambodia the next morning at 6.50am. Last time we flew into KL it took 3 hours to get into town due to bad weather/road accidents. You can't risk being late for your next flight.

Tune rooms are small, but fine to sleep and shower. Do ask for a room away from the lifts as we found people are really noisy at all hours.....

Happy travels!

jakarta
Level Contributor
666 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

I prefer overnighting in Chinatown if I have your flight schedule. Google Star shuttle for their timetable LCCT-Pudu(Chinatown). There are so many choices of accommodation in Chinatown. Etika Inn is one and they will let you check in early if there is vacancy. Read the reviews here.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

Thank you so much :)

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

I'd still go for the Tune.

If nothing else, then just for the amazing rain shower, the best I've ever had, believe you me!

The convenience factor is just too good with the Tune

9. Re: Early arrival LCCT with AirAsia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 05:17