We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Hi

I have just booked air fares to go on a shopping trip with a friend leaving in 4 weeks. I have only ever stayed at the Park Royal and love it there. I am in a bit of a dilemma as I am supposed to be looking for good but cheap accommodation (more money for shoes) and can get a room at the Dorsett for about $25 a night cheaper. My question is, is it worth it for just that amount? I am looking at a deluxe twin room incl b/fast in both hotels. Also unsure of exactly the location of the Dorsett in comparison.

If anyone has stayed at both of these places and can offer some advice it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Park Royal...Dorsett off to the side of the Ritz and its more dorgy than the Park Royal

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Definitely Parkroyal

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Dorgy?? Please explain maic lol

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,159 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

As it takes only 5mins to walk from front door to front door why not save the AU$

I prefer the location of the Park Royal (and the overall feel, and nicer swimming pool), but as the Dorsett Regency is so close, why not!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,087 posts
1,954 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Park Royal.....I think Maic means dodgy?

Tommo

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

I have recently stayed at both and prefer the Park Ryal due to the location. Quality of the rooms and service were on par with each other

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Park Royal it is. I was starting to think for $25 it wasn't worth it.

Thanks

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
130 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

We stayed at Park Royal a few years ago, It is right by the monorail, and had an rooftop outside pool overlooking the monorail.

Easy to get around.

Hint - I hate using taxis and prefer to use various means of public transport. However, we soon realised that the taxis are so cheap, they we much better, especially to get to Pet Towers, as there is no simple way to get to the towers on public transport from the Park Royal

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
16 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Hi, It depends on how many nights you are staying. For a 4 nights stays you save about $100/- AuD, and you can buy extra few pairs of shoes! In fact, Dorsett is just 10 minutes walk to all the shopping malls in BB and there is a short cut to one of the biggest mall in BB, The Pavilian.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Chiang Mai
Level Contributor
10,207 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Park Royal or Dorsett Regency?????

Park Royal had a great special this week (I booked it) on their own web page. It was $120A inc tax for the deluxe double double inc buffet breakfast for two.

Caroline.