We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Topic
pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

hi, I will be visiting KL for maybe a day and a half minus the transport of course. can someone help me what are the attractions that are near to each other so I can visit as much as I can for a limited time? we will be staying in the city only KL.

I have some lists where I want to go but I dunno if they are near to each other. so far..

PETRONAS

batu caves

Negara zoo

national mosque

national theatre

I know I can google their locations but I want to know where should I go first in order heheh so I can manage my time and fare of course.. :)

thank you..

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

They are not near to each other. You cannot possibily do so much in a day and a half. Each of the places you mention deserve a few hours.

Dont tell me you go to the zoo, take a picture and leave?

My suggest

0. kL tower

1. Petronas tower

2. Bukit Bintang

3. National mosque

4. China town

Edited: 27 June 2013, 17:46
Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

can I add batu caves? lol I really want to see it.

I got 4 days transit in sg and I plan to see kl for a day or 2. i think its better to start visiting batu caves since its the farthest from the list and then see which are along the way going back to the city. Google says it will take 21minutes from PETRONAS to batu caves, is it true?

and yep! i just want to see an elephant in the zoo! lol ok, zoo - out of the list! thanks! :)

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

" i think its better to start visiting batu caves since its the farthest from the list" ...

what exactly does this line mean??? You cannot plan a visit this way, and see what's comes along the way!

go with maic's suggestions in post no 1

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

yep! ill definitely go with maics plan..since almost all of my lists are there too. I just really want to see batu cave, so that will be the first spot I should see and the PETRONAS tower of course. then the rest will be just a bonus trip if I still got time.. :)

cheersss! :D

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

I would do Maics plan, plus you will find some areas, like Chinatown, KL Menara [the single tower] or PETRONAS Towers are great for just wandering around and you will see more.

I would avoid animal exploitation, er I mean the zoo.

Batu Caves is nothing special, a very large golden statue, 250 steps and a smelly dark cave. Whilst it is the furthest out of town, there is nothing between Batu Caves and the city centre. Seems a waste of time when you have such a short visit. It takes around 30mins for a taxi, 1hour for public transport to get to Batu Caves, and then the same back, plus visit time - oh that means you have lost half a day!

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

hahahha yeh! Im giving maybe 1 whole day for batu cave, if it didn't find interesting for me then half day is enough and go see other attractions. PETRONAS is better to see at night I think? then other places if we still got time.. thanks all for replying! :)

can someone recommend me a cheap hotel but clean and close to the city? thanks! :)

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,762 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

how cheap?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,563 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

Petronas Towers are better 24 hours a day!

A [yawn] whole [yawn] day [yawn] to Batu Caves [big yawn], no way!

The city has thousands of hotels, hostels, apartments, B&Bs etc. What are you looking to pay?

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

hahah we will see if I can stand 1 day to batu. I bet u had a really boring experience there. I just need a room for me and my cousin..not really cheap but should be clean of course and accessible to transpo. :)

Dubai, United Arab...
13 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: pls help. kl nearby attarctions.. :)

just for 2 person and sleeping...clean and affordable price. whered u stay in KL? :)