We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

Hi

I normally get the skybus from LCCT to KL Sentral and then a taxi, but am just wondering if I get a taxi from the airport direct is there a particular counter to purchase the voucher from. From what I have seen there is a lot to choose from so is there any difference? Also it has been explained very well before but once the voucher is purchased and you exit the door number how do you know the person directing you to the taxi is legit or not.

I once purchased what I thought was a voucher from KL Sentral and was then bustled into a taxi which was not a voucher one.

Thanks for any advice please.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,201 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

You just head to the counter clearly marked TAXI. There is not choice (other than the touts)

You will know they are legit as they will be clearly liveried as a taxi.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

Yep ignore anyone that approaches you pretending they are the taxi company etc that will give you a good deal - never is....the people plonked behind the big desks with a 'Taxi' sign are the legit ones.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

Many thanks.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
92 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

And if that can be of any help, the real taxis, the ones that you will be using your voucher with, theyr are in front of coffee bean I think. usually you have several ones waiting there, and also few people queuing.

Enjoy your trip

5. Re: Taxi counter (again I know!!!)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 05:20