We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I have just had my hair coloured, washed and blowed dryed at The Met. They are located at1st floor Hock Choon supermarket 241 Jalan Ampang. Check them out on facebook. They really know their stuff. I have curly hair and it looks great. Give them a try if you are in the area.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I always wonder why someone would sign up on the day and recommend a business but not ask any questions before they go or talk about their trip.......or am I just being cynical

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I'm with you, Jacks! Unless OP comes back ........

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I have bets on they won't ;) funny I stay on jalan ampang haven't seen any awesome hairdressers....maybe I will go look in sept :p

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

Jalan Ampang's a longggggg road (quite a few roads in KL are like that!!) .... the "not self-advertising" salon is supposedly located closer to Gleneagles Hospital so nowhere near KLCC.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,984 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

If you check the OPs profile you will find that they posted a review in 2010. Probably legitimate comment.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,562 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I checked the same, but didn't do anything.

OP we always get sus' when someone really raves about a place and has few posts. It is from experienced, self promoting.

The jury is out on your post.

so tell us, how did you find them, how did you book it, Whilst we know you have curly hair what sort of hair do you have,do you have Asian hair that they could cope with or are you English as your name would suggest and have fine hair, blond or auburn? How long were you in KL, where were you staying, how did you get there?

What made it special, the price [how much was this], the service. Who did you see. What else did you experience . . .

We are a suspicious lot I know, but from experience, all the above posters and myself has seen some stinkers when it come to trying to promote a business as a tourist when it is the real owner . . .

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I have been signed up on trip advisor for a few year. I admit I do not do a lot of blogging or reviews. As I have africian hair and this place got my straight in the humidity, I just thought he deserved a good mention.

Canberra
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

I have been living around the ampang park area on and off for the last four years. The supermarket where the hairdreses are located is above it . MR Choon, check it out, its in the ambassadors area. I go there for groceries. The hairdresses did a good job, thats all. Goodbye.

sydney australia
Level Contributor
3,665 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

Thanks for clarifying - we tend to be a suspicious bunch on these forums, but I am sure there will be readers who appreciate your review.

Essentials like hairdressers who are good are often hard to find, a botched massage we can cope with, but a botched hair cut is just a disaster, I do a round trip of 130Km every 5 weeks and pay $375 AUD for a cut and color in Sydney, so I know what you mean

10. Re: Great hairdresser on Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 00:35