We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Topic
Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Are clothes sizes in Kuala Lumpur smaller than the US and UK? I have so much trouble buying clothes (I weigh less than 90 pounds) and I was wondering if it would be worth making a trip to Kuala Lumpur to shop. Also, do they have size 4 (US size) shoes?

Australia
Level Contributor
2,658 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

If you are small which it's sounds like you are you will have no problems with clothes. It might be the style of clothes more than anything but you will have no problems shoes or clothes.

Have fun shopping :D

Malaysia
Level Contributor
803 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Yes, Asian sizing is normally smaller than US/UK. If you're in KL, look for size S or XS and they should fit you.

As for shoes, yeah you should be able to find size 4.

Perth
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

The smaller you are the bigger the range in KL. I think you will find it a shoppers paradise!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

You will be spoilt for choice. So many options from both the Department and stand alone stores.

Have fun.

Sean

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

A US size 4 shoe is approx a UK 2, and a Euro size 35 all of which you will find a large selection from cheap and cheerful right through to premium brands in all kinds of shoe stores, markets and department stores. The width will be of a smaller fit also as Asian sizes are quite neat. You could also try Mango (Spanish clothing/shoe retailer) who do a lot of smaller sizes again with a neat width, shoes are of a better quality (both synthetic and leather) at a very good prices for Spanish made shoes (well most of them are!)

Clothes, again plenty of choice....

Chicago, Illinois
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Thank you so much for all the replies!! I'm so excited after seeing everyone's replies :) Can anyone recommend any places I can get clothes and shoes. I want to get good quality clothing. I looked at the malaysia size guide and I think I'm a xs or a xxs.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,897 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Hi Sue

Places like SOGO have a great range of stuff. Also when you go to the department stores that are the large tenants at the Shopping Centres you will see that they spread over multiple levels. These places will have the largest choice. As for quality it still is mixed , so the best idea is to check out the stitching etc and you will get an idea if it is good. Overall it is just like most cities, there is some rubbish quality stock amongst the good stuff. Have fun.

Sean

Gujarat, India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,958 posts
164 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Best idea is to just start in the malls Pavillion, KLCC and so on, and have a look yourself what suits you .Dont know your style or budget so hard to really say, but some brands quality for both shoes and clothing is poor but you can check that out for yourself

Lots of selections to choose from well known brands, Guess, TH also have a look in Uniglo (sizes are very neat in there) to more local Asian brand Vinnci for shoes etc.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

Hi,

MidValley Mall and 1Utama (which has 2 malls linked together ) are good places to shop as they have the usual high street brands as well as smaller boutiques. They are away from the city area so would need a 30 min or more cab ride, depending on traffic ( which can be terrible on peak hours ). Mid Valley can be reached by one of the commuter trains though - the KTM train which can be taken from KL Sentral and Mid Valley is only 1 station away.

Edited: 13 August 2013, 20:21
10. Re: Petite clothing in Kuala Lumpur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 05:16