We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving after midnight

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving after midnight

My husband and I planning to visit Kuala Lumpur our flight (Air Asia) arrives shortly after midnight on October 31, 2013. We are planning to book at the Tune Downtown Hotel for four nights. What is the most economical way to get to the hotel at that hour. Also how much would it cost if we took a taxi? Is there any local trains or buses operating at that hour and is it safe.

Any suggestions and information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

rukie1

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,386 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving after midnight

Hi

As questions similar to yours get asked just about daily we have set up some Top Questions FAQs in the right panel part of this screen. Everyone forgets or misses the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phones], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone app’ you won’t see the FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

-----> -----> -----> ----->

you will find the Top questions about KUALA LUMPUR and the FAQs which can give a lot of the information you will need to answer your questions [and probably a bit more], in particular ----->

-- AIRPORT INFORMATION --

-> FAQ Airport/City Time

-> FAQ Airport/City cost/options

Arriving into the airport at that time of night does limit the options.

What is the most economical way to get to the hotel at that hour?

A] This is covered in the FAQ, but a Air Asia Skybus to KL Sentral will cost 9my per person, the last bus leaves at 02:45 - although they buses run every 30mins, it takes around and hour. You will then need a taxi from KL Sentral which will cost around 40myr (as at that time of night you will pay 50% surcharge)

Also how much would it cost if we took a taxi?

A] budget taxi will cost 100myr, and a premier taxi 150myr. A budget taxi has limited amount of luggage space.

Is there any local trains or buses operating at that hour

A] in addition to the cheap Air Asia bus, the last train leaves Salak Tinggi at 01:00, as you have to get the bus there, you won't have time, as it will take around 1 hour to clear immigration - less if you are coming in on a domestic flight from elsewhere within Malaysia.

is it safe.

A] Yes it is safe!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving after midnight

Thanks a Million for a very detailed information. I really appreciate it. I will look at the FAQ.

rukie1

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving after midnight

I suggest booking a room at the tune hotel opp the LCCT for the arrival night, and then head into town the next morning

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
148 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving after midnight

Thanks for your suggestion. I never realised there was a Tune Hotel so close to the airport. I only knew of the one in Downtown.

rukie1

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,386 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving after midnight

There are 3 now in and around Kuala Lumpur! Airport, Downtown, and Kota Damansara (in Petaling Jaya)

Although to be honest, I would rather be at the hotel and then the holiday does start first thing in the morning, rather than have to check out, get to the city and then check in [which you can't do before 2pm anyway]

Edited: 18 August 2013, 17:59
Kajang, Malaysia
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving after midnight

Good advice Mitch!

u sound like a local. ;)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,386 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving after midnight

but am just a simple tourist!

Kajang, Malaysia
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving after midnight

well.. not the regular simple i suppose.. ; )

9. Re: Arriving after midnight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 07:20