We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

After browsing through the things to do , I realized that the shopping in bangok is better , cleaner and cheaper , and there are bigger malls there , can someone enlighten me , before I change my booking and let me know what malls would be advisable to go to in kuala lumpur and what other things can be done?

Also , would it be better to stay in Bangkok an extra day ? I am really not sure anymore

1. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2013, 21:27
Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,710 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Got to agree with michael's post above. KL has lots to do, with plenty of shopping, with malls for all budgets', so no worry regarding that.

I always find it difficult to select between bangkok and Kl, and that's why often visit both!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,116 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Much as I love Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok has the edge for me.

Kuala Lumpur as malls and market, as does Bangkok, but Kuala Lumpur has nothing like MBK, Pratnum / Platinum Mall or Chatuchak Weekend Market. So, sorry, whilst I agree that Kuala Lumpur is good for shopping and you can always fill a few days I don't agree that Kuala Lumpur is an equal to Bangkok.

Shopping, be it top, middle or bottom is better and cheaper in Bangkok.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Gibraltar
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Love both and would happily visit both cities any time, but if I really had to choose one I'd go for Bangkok too.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Also u have to remember if ur muslim, halal food is easier to come by in kuala lumpur than in bangkok so i would also take that in consideration!

Level Contributor
143 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

If u stay at Bukit Bintang there are lots of shopping mall in walking distance so you are spoilt of choices. As above poster mentioned you have no worry over foods as muslim food as well as arabian food are available everywhere.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

Why don you tell us a bit more about yourselves so we can advise better. Things like how old are you, who else in your party, budget for trip (luxury, budget..etc), approx budget per day, type of food you like, night life, interests besides shopping (adventure, ocean, culture, history...etc)., dates coming...the more info the better.

Bkk and Kul each have their strengths. Agreed that if you are a more conservative Muslim KL might be better

8. Re: Kuala lumpur for 4 days...Not sure now anymore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:38