We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Batu Caves from LCCT airport terminal

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
311 reviews
Save Topic
Batu Caves from LCCT airport terminal

I am planning to visit the Batu caves as soon as I arrive in KL (I won't have luggage and am not checking into a hotel). I had planned a route on the Komuter train but have only just realised I don't arrive at the KLIA terminal and actually come in to LCCT. Am I right to think that if I want to take public transport, I need to either 1) take the shuttle from LCCT to KLIA then get the Komuter train to Sentral and change there for Batu Caves or 2) get a bus from LCCT to Sentral ,which takes aboujt 90 minutes, and the train from there to Batu Caves? As it seems to be more complicated and take longer than I originally thought, I might actually get a taxi to Batu Caves straight from LCCT. Can anyone please advise on how much that is likely to cost? And whether it will be much quicker than taking public transport since it is a fairly complicated route from LCCT?

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,205 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Batu Caves from LCCT airport terminal

Or 3) take the KLIA Transit, with bus from LCCT to Salak Tinggi and then the train. The trains run between 6am and 1am, and leave Salak Tinggi every 30 minutes . The train makes 2 stops at Putrajaya / Cyberjaya and Bandar Taskie Selatan before getting to KL Sentral.

Budget taxi from LCCT to Batu Caves will cost 105myr, a premier taxi will cost 152myr. It will take around an hour.

Why Batu Caves? There much more interesting things to see!

Carshalton, United...
Level Contributor
262 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Batu Caves from LCCT airport terminal

Thanks! I think the caves sound interesting - something you don't get to see everywhere, with the statue and caves and monkeys. What do you suggest I do instead? I only have one day and am also visiting the Petronas towers. I'm not interested in shopping or eating anywhere special so I thought I would go to the Batu caves then head for the Petronas area and look around there for a while until the time on my ticket to go up the towers.

3. Re: Batu Caves from LCCT airport terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2014, 05:17