We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

I have been checking out budget accommodation in central KL and came upon Orange Pekoe Guesthouse on Jalan Angsoka that has very good reviews on Tripadvisor regarding cleanliness, service, etc..

To get to the hotel from the airport it states that one can take the public bus to a big shopping mall and then switch to the GO KL bus and get off at Wisma Boustead stop which is just 5 minutes away from Orange Pekoe. That sounds good.

One concern I have is the immediate environment. A few posters have mentioned that the area is rather dodgy. I will not be going out at night so am wondering if this area is safe for a woman on her own during the day.

I welcome your comments and thank you in advance.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,747 posts
325 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

Hi

The hotel (formerly known as the Nest) is in a good location. The area is safe as any in the tourist bit of Kuala Lumpur.

The routing you mention sounds very complicated and there is no mention of on the hotels website, when to be honest for US$ you can get a taxi from the airport to the city.

I would certainly want to be heading out at night - Kuala Lumpur is not a dangerous city, and you will experience the city at night, especially PETRONAS Towers and Jalan Alor - the street of restaurants. You can be home by 10am!

I have been in far 'dodgy' areas in Europe!

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

Thank you for your reply and reassurance, TravellingMitch. I have just booked at the hotel.

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

Hello Evelyn. I am planning to go to this Orange pekoe guest house. What is your opinion about this place as I see from your post that you have booked in here for a stay.

Level Contributor
614 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

Hi Sri H, I have book at the guest house but have not yet stayed there. However, they have been very prompt with email replies and helpful with information and I am looking forward to my stay there.

5. Re: Jalan Angsoka area - Safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2014, 05:16