We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Al Murqab, Ad...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Arrive KL ....interested to see real Malaysian life, nice local markets, sandy beaches, not to much museums, rather folk dance , massage.....low badget...interested hire little bike possible see village life..

please advise

Perth, Australia
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

If you want to see lots of markets China Town is where to go in the city and after that a short walk down the road is the old market square with a Museum of the history of KL very interesting to see. I don't know if its still there but I went to the museum last month and they had a massive model of KL 50ftx40ft amazing to see I know you said not to much museums but I'd highly recommend having a look you'd be defiantly missing out on some insight into the history of not just KL but Malaysia.

Since KL is fairly inland its about and hours drive if you head directly West to the coast. You can go to the Silver leaf Monkey Sanctuary its on the coast at the top of a hill on an old Dutch Settlement, its a national heritage site and its amazing. The Silver Leaf monkeys are extremely friendly and placid you can buy a bag of fruit for 10RM and feed them, if you hold the fruit above them they'll climb onto your shoulder and eat it. Also Batu Caves, its short drive from the city and I liked it just keep a hold of you possessions because the local monkeys that live inside the cave are scavengers and will try to steal whatever your holding that includes phones, cameras, water bottles etc.

I tried but I couldn't find anywhere I could hire a motorbike everyone told me that's something you'd do in Penang. Plus you'd be nuts to ride a motorbike in the city or in surrounding areas some drivers don't care and if they hit you some might just drive off.

If you want a massage, theres some just down from the shopping mall Pavillion which have comparable price, Also Bukit Bintang has many.

If you want a drink Changkat is the place to go, many bars all open to 1am on weeknights and later on weekends. One place which is a must see is Marinis on 57 its a rooftop bar 57 stories high its right next to the twin towers, best view you can get almost close enough to touch.

Defiantly the best way to experience the culture is to go to Jalan Alore, its a massive street with alot of street food vendors this is the place where alot of locals eat its cheap and usually very good. Pick a stall which has alot of people and its guaranteed to be a good meal can be 3x cheaper then going to a restaurant.

Hope this helps, have a good trip!

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,970 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Hi

Malaysia is a very modern country, and Kuala Lumpur a landlocked city. You can't hire a bike - and it would be very unsafe to do so. Use cheap public transport.

You won't find any sandy beaches for several hours drive away.

You can find some markets - Chinatown / Petaling Street is more touristy, but the local markets are not really somewhere the tourists tend to venture - Chowkit has one.

You don't find any folk dancing other than at the touristy show along Jalan Ampang. Malaysians are more into Shopping and modern technology.

You can find some cheaper priced massages in and around BB Plaza / Royal Bintang hotel area along Bukit Bintang.

The food courts are cheap places to eat, as is Jalan Alor and Chankat Bukit Bintang.

You may have come to the wrong city if you are after village life . . ..

You could head to Penang if you want to see a bit of older Asia.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,970 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

PS what is a badget?

Al Murqab, Ad...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Thanks a lot sure very helpful! Any care company or whats the best and safest public transport?

Al Murqab, Ad...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

500-1000 pounds

Al Murqab, Ad...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

whats the safest and best way to get to Penang? How long will it take me?

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Penang is a 55 minute flight away from Kuala Lumpur. That is the "safest" way.

London, England...
Level Contributor
22 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

I find good rate for rent a car for 2 weeks......I am thinking to zoom around the two island....Is it possible to do?Safe?

Edited: 22 September 2013, 07:51
Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
6,879 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

Which two islands?

10. Re: 2 weeks Malaysiya arriving next week!Advise plases to visit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 06:20