We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time travellers

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
1st time travellers

Hi, The family travelling from Singapore by train arriving 3.30. Is it feasible to make a 6.30pm flight out of LCCT? Not sure how timely trains run on this route also coming into peak hour traffic? Any help most appreciated.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,235 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time travellers

Currently LCCT is not connected by rail .

Most likely Singapore train will arrive at KL sentral.(1530hours).If on time,Malaysia train rides are notorious not to arrive on time.Leaving you with no buffer if there is any delay.

Allow 90 minutes by taxi from KL sentral to LCCT,thereby you will reach LCCT at 17.00 hours,just nice to make for (18.30)flight.

Suggest to take a budget flight from Singapore directly to LCCT

To play safe,just take any budget airlines from Singapore that landed at LCCT with ample time to spare.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time travellers

Air Asia currently have all-in fares from RM102 from SIN to KUL, and multiple flights per day, barely 1 hr flight - this would be my recommendation.

Kerikeri, New...
Level Contributor
5,797 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time travellers

wow, i didnt realise flights were so cheap ! Less than the price of a taxi to the airport!!!!!

Edited: 26 September 2013, 06:25
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time travellers

You may find this useful site for flights search and price comparison

www.skyscanner.com

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,955 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time travellers

Q] travelling from Singapore by train arriving 3.30. Is it feasible to make a 6.30pm flight out of LCCT?

A] It is possible. Allowing an hour to get to LCCT from KL Sentral by taxi. If you have checked in on line you then as long as you have your bags at the baggage drop by 5:45pm you could make it.

Getting there by train or bus just takes too long, you will miss your next flight.

However, I would also opt for a flight!

We use skyscanner to find the best flights and routings!

Kuala Lumpur...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time travellers

you can also take the buses to Singapore from Imbi Monorail station both ways

also by flight Air Asia or MH

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time travellers

Thankyou so much to all you wonderful people who care about fellow travellers and offer expert advise.

If we (family of 5) make it to Langkawi by plane, train where is a good mid range hotel/guest house prefably with pool. Any Ideas? Its quite exhausting finding accommodation for 5 people incl. 1 child.

Regards

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 1st time travellers

I don't know much about Langkawi, or what area you want/need to stay in - but I always check out airbnb when trying to find family accommodation - hotels just don't seem to, well, accommodate families! Look here: https://www.airbnb.com.au/s/langkawi…

Brisbane, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 1st time travellers

Thanks for your help.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,955 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 1st time travellers

I would head to the Langakwi forum --> tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g298283-i8829-La…

Langkawi is not a great place for a huge choice of family accomodation.

Edited: 26 September 2013, 14:09