We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

hamilton
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Topic
Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

Want to visit Petronas Towers when in KL. Have read comments that it rains in the afternoons. Have a flight that arrives at 10.55 am - domestic flight so will not need to clear immigration or customs but wil have a checked bag. Will take the KLIA Express to Sentral and check in at the Hilton (KL Sentral) and then head to the towers. THink the earliest ticket to buy that allows me enough time to travel from the airport to the towers is 2 pm. Is this considered the rainy time of day? Do I need to be at the towers a set time before the entry time? I can't find anything on their website saying that it is necessary to show up ? number of minutes before the entry time.

What is the best way to Petornas Towers from KL Sentral.

Thanks in advance.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

Hi ,

when I purchased my ticket online it said to be there 30 minutes before scheduled time , it never rained around that time when I was in KL.

Edited: 13 October 2013, 11:46
Cuneo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Koh Tao, Bangkok, Ko Samui, Terengganu
Level Contributor
11,609 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

Best way is subjective... With train, KLCC stop, about 2 RM pp or with a taxi, about 20 RM.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
846 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

When are you in KL? The rain isn't necessarily regular, but more likely at certain times of day at certain times of year.

You need to pick up your tickets at least 30 mins prior to the tour - I'm pretty sure that this was in my confirmation email. They ask you to queue at least 10 mins prior for security screening.

Cabs seem to be getting much better in KL (less haggling, more automatic use of meter), but the LRT doesn't subject you to the whims of KL traffic.

4. Re: Petronas Towers - what time ticket to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2014, 05:18