We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Hi

I am due to be visiting KL on a 2 week stopover on the way to Australia in February with a friend. I know this question has probably been asked many times over (!) but wondered if anyone could please suggest any 3-4* hotels in Bukit Bintang or KLCC.

We only need hotel accommodation for two nights (one night before a trip to Langkawi and one night after the trip) and wondered whether it is best to stay in BB or KLCC.

I know that BB is better for shopping/bars etc so had thought one night definitely there, but we are planning on visiting the sky bar @ Traders one evening, so had thought is it just best off staying in that area for the second night - or to go back to BB and get across to Traders just for the bar that second night. Is it worth staying in KLCC at all?

We would welcome any comments and hotel suggestions!

Thank you very much in advance.

247AandG

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Hi there.. I would suggest u to book at The Royale Bintang Kuala Lumpur hotel. Price is reasonable and located at the bukit bintang area. Absolutely this is the best location if you choose.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,223 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Hi

As the prices really vary, perhaps could you let us know what you actual budget is.

It takes around 15mins to stroll from Bukit Bintang to KLCC using the a/c walkway or even via the roads (and I mean stroll) it is really not worth the hassle of changing hotels.

If you look at the green banner at the top of this page and check out the Hotels tab where you see the full range of hotels / apartment rental / B&Bs etc for that area, see what appeals to your actually budget and you can also look at nearby hotels on a map, as well as read recent reviews

Everyone forgets or misses the Green Banner and the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phones], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone app’ you won’t see the Green Banner or FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

hi

am not sure if my reply has been posted or not

Thanks for your replies. We need to change hotels regarldess as we are in langkawi for two days in the middle. Our budget is approx £80 max per night (obv lower and better value but good amenities pref). So far in BB i have found the Prince serviced aprrtments at £59, Royale Chulan at £57 and Grand Millennium at £71? Would you still recommend staying both nights in BB and then just heading across to the towers and sky bar as and when?

I will take a look at the green banner now - didnt know about it - thanks.

Thanks in advance

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

I would recommend staying in the bukit bintang area. I can recommend the following which will be in ur price range:

Parkroyal

Melia

Grand millennium

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,749 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Melia is the best 3-4 star you can get. Excellent location, good rooms, good breakfast

Edited: 05 November 2013, 18:17
6. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2013, 15:16
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,906 posts
1,622 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

Novotel.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
30 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

4 star hotel in KLCC area, do check out Novotel KLCC, Impiana KLCC, Corus KL...in fact Traders Hotel KLCC is a 4 star hotel too.

9. Re: 3-4* KL hotel suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2014, 06:18