We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

We flew into KL and were picked up by CK, he seemed nice enough, met us with a smile and then went off to get his van. He returned with a clapped out old van, not what we expected but ok, and off we went.

His driving was so erratic is was scary, I even asked him again what his name was, I thought this can't possibly be CK, but it was.

He was driving all over the road, and on a number of occassions he nearly fell asleep at the wheel, my hubby was so nervous that he moved up closer to CK so he could keep him talking so as he wouldnt fall asleep at the wheel.

We had tours booked, but cancelled and ended up with a wonderful driver on our trip back to the airport.

I'm sorry, but I wouldn't recommend him to anyone.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

I am fairly world travelled myself - am using CK for the 5th time this Xmas...he has a big following on TA as one of the top drivers. If he is truly this bad why would he have so many positive reviews, will post back in December as I understand its your experience and if you had not been a higher poster or someone who hadn't been too nice on other posts I would of dismissed you. But your experience is polar opposite to many on here- one thing is I have never felt unsafe nor even his older van (he has a new one since we used him) of bad standard for kl.

glad one of the posters sent it to CK as I probably would of myself to see what was up, however I won't be canceling and will still use Ck who too us is a great driver. Cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,451 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Mr Mitch has a taxi company. We find that people will happily use his company for years, but one thing goes slightly wrong then they will stop using him. An example . . . it was arranged for one of the drivers to pick up a customer from their home (as we had done many times before) to take them to an airport 2 hours away. The manager didn't check that the driver was aware, assuming that the driver knew, they didn't. The customer rang and whilst turning up 30mins late, the driver arrived and they got to the airport in time for their flight. But they never used us again . . . folks are easily put off by a small mistake.

Lets give CK a chance, and if this is more than a one off we can take it from there, but please don't judge someone who was having a bad day . . have you never had one?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

I do think that he deserve another chance, he had been a really good driver for many years and reviews had all been positive. It could have been a really bad day for him and he was below par for a day. One of those days where bad things just keep coming up and I'm sure we all been thru that at one point or another in our life.

Anyway, let's see how things go for the next few posting after this.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
53 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Thanks Sean, I think youre right, Im sure he will be aware of the concerns we have and will be prepared. I have no intention of giving the guy a hard time, attract a lot more bees with honey than vinegar !!!! The speeding and dodging etc doesnt worry us at all, thats the asian way we have gathered from our past trips - but falling asleep at the wheel is not an accepted method anywhere !!! Thats the only thing that rings alarm bells................anyway, we will give him a chance and not condemn him on 1 bad review...........might slip him some no doze when he picks us up.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
193 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

We used CK for a few day tours earlier this year and we can't recommend him highly enough. As people have said, hopefully it was an off day.

I'm very sorry that OP had such a distressing experience but we will be using him again on our next trip.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Grunter, sorry for your bad experience and i do hope it did not spoil your holiday.

Its really difficult to find good driver nowadays, if you have any good ones to recommend, pls share it with us. As for CK, i'm sure he would be aware of this by now and would be more careful in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Just so you all know, I felt terrible leaving this feedback, I really struggled as to whether I should share our experience. I've never left negative feedback for an individual before and let me tell you, this has been very difficult for me to do.

Maybe it was an off day, I'll give him that, But he should'nt have been driving, As a driver he was not at all responsible, all I could think about after finally arriving safely at the hotel was Thank God we got here! Maybe some of you think it's exagerated as you know him to be a nice person and want to defend him... thats fine, that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but In my opinion I would never get in a car with this man ever again! I just thought If I kept quiet and another family were in an accident with him I'd never forgive myself, so for this reason alone I had to speak up, I'm sorry if I've upset anyone as this was not my intention.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

That's ok harmsy that's what the forum is for :) like I said if you were a one time poster different story - as others have said hope it was an off day. We are with him in a few weeks and if I had a negative experience I would report it to.

So no worries in your review :)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
483 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Thanks Jacks :)

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Transfer with CK was a nightmare,dangerous driver !!!

Jacks24,

since you are using CK soon, can you post back and advise whether his van is registered for transport/travel services. For registered transport/travel vehicles, CK will need purchase a different insurance policy.

There is a company logo, address, permit identification # etc displayed on the side of the driver and rear side of the vehicle. If there is no indentification on the van, then he is using personal vehicle policy which does not cover the paying travellers, who will be at risk in the event that there is an accident.

Thanks.

Edited: 23 November 2013, 13:57