We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

Melton, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

I’m looking for somewhere nice to stay for my 50th birthday. A Horizon Club Room at the Shangri La has ended up on top of the list.

Pardon my ignorance but my question is,

Is the Club Lounge mostly used for business travellers? As this is going to be a lounge around the pool and a little sightseeing type of holiday. I’m Just not sure if I turned to the Club lounge for afternoon drinks in shorts and a T shirt was I going to feel out of place.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

My husband and I stayed in a horizon club room ,he always wore pants when we went there but I saw a lot of people in casual attire in the lounge .

Australia
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

We use club lounge every Time we go to Kl at the renaissance, neat casual dress is the norm. I just wear sandles, 3/4shorts and t-shirts - its too hot in KL to wear anything else ;)

Club Lounge is often business people but it's also people like us that just love the extras included. You should love it Shangri-la is a beautiful hotel. We had dinner in the lemon cafe there OMG it was just too good and the foyer was just beautiful. Happy 50th : D

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

My kid was with us when we stayed at horizon floor. So, it's really for everyone. I wore pants and cardigan b'cos it's abit cold for me but casual is ok. Compare to Gold Coast Hilton's (which we recently stayed) exe lounge, horizon club is more formal and feel abit more uptight. Hilton is so relaxed, some show up in shorts.

Shang's pool area is nice to have lunch and lounge around too. Enjoy your holiday. I'm missing KL this yr.

UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

We are returning to the Shangri-la executive rooms in the new year.

We tend to go smart casual, you don't feel out of place and can relax.

Have a great time there!

Kevin & Sharon

Melton, Australia
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

Thanks for the advice. Executive Club room booked.

6. Re: Horizon Club Rooms/Lounge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 December 2014, 06:18