We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia Hotel.

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Queensland...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Melia Hotel.

Can anyone please tell me what the Melia Hotel is like, also restaruants, and places of interest that are close by.

Thanking you in advance.

Hervey.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia Hotel.

Medium range hotel right in the heart of the shopping belt.

Did you read the reviews here?

Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia Hotel.

It is a lovely 4* hotel. We stayed there a couple of years ago, and wrote a detailed TA review. At that time, we paid about $80 dbl, incl breakfast. It is right next to monorail station and is in excellent location. We felt safe in nights too, and is is very close to shops. Breakfast had decent (nothing lavish) spread and was good environment. Rooms were clean. Berjaya time square building and taxi stand is right across the road.

Sandakan, Malaysia
Level Contributor
337 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia Hotel.

Agree it's a lovely 4* hotel. Looks to have been renovated not too long ago, so it doesn't look its age. Rooms are quite spacious indeed.

It's located in the heart of the Bukit Bintang shopping/entertainment district, and is right next to a monorail station. Despite its location, it's relatively good value for money, provided you don't book at the last minute!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,006 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia Hotel.

Its opposite times square a hugeeee shopping mall with a indoor theme park and eateries.

It is also right next to imbi monorail so u will be connected well.

I find if u look at reviews/photos of the hotel on tripadvisor it is sufficient enough to help u make ur mind up!

Have a great trip!

Kuala Lumpur...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia Hotel.

Mellia Hotel Good. Very easy to get public transport, like monorail, bus, taxi and limo.

Very near to Time Square (facing Mellia Hotel) , Star Hill, walk in distance to Lot 10, Pavillion and Sungei Sungai Wang.

Night atmosphere is very hapenning.Its called "golden triangle zone"

Australia
Level Contributor
71 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia Hotel.

Although Melia is always in our short list for its excellent value for money, this time we are staying at Royale Chulan - $20 more and much better hotel, with good breakfast. Melia's location is better than Royale Chulan.

Australia
Level Contributor
212 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia Hotel.

Melia is in a good location opposite Berjaya Times Square SC.

Fairly standard Asian hotel for decoration & facilities,staff were good.

Stayed at the Level last year,it was good value & well stocked for breakfast.

Only negative was their card entry to your room seemed to only work some of the time which was very frustrating

Edited: 29 December 2013, 06:05
Sanaa, Yemen
Level Contributor
372 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Melia Hotel.

I stayed at melia hotel a number of times...excellent value and great location..Standard rooms are quiet spacious. The only thing my kids didnt like about it was the swimming pool but other than that everything is great.

Australind...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Melia Hotel.

it is great value, the best location, really nice breakfast, reasonably priced club rooms,awesome staff.

it is always our number one pick if it is just the two of us, our kids are a little bigger now so need a bit more space- eg two double beds or 2rooms and a bit better pool for kids but the melia is a good choice for couple travellers.

the staff make the stay, i don't email while on holiday- so can't rate the wifi. they deliver the paper daily, local and international tv, they do theme nights and we have been to a couple- the steamboat buffet was good. the restaurant has moved and some of the areas have been renovated but the room we were in was not renovated and in the rooms it is looking a little dated these days. our last stay was march this year.

we had been out to the f1, my husband was pickpocketed waiting to get on the bus on our way back.... horrible end to a great holiday and arrived at the hotel after being at the police station for an hour and informed them regarding the keycard, as that was in his wallet. they were so great- they let us borrow their business centre to use the internet and a hotel mobile to call back home overseas and cancel our credit cards and phone account.. .that was stolen too! they brought us cold towels and drinks and played with our kids when they were getting restless. i would stay again anytime simply for the friendliness of the staff :-)

Australind...
Level Contributor
103 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Melia Hotel.

it is great value, the best location, really nice breakfast, reasonably priced club rooms,awesome staff.

it is always our number one pick if it is just the two of us, our kids are a little bigger now so need a bit more space- eg two double beds or 2rooms and a bit better pool for kids but the melia is a good choice for couple travellers.

the staff make the stay, i don't email while on holiday- so can't rate the wifi. they deliver the paper daily, local and international tv, they do theme nights and we have been to a couple- the steamboat buffet was good. the restaurant has moved and some of the areas have been renovated but the room we were in was not renovated and in the rooms it is looking a little dated these days. our last stay was march this year.

we had been out to the f1, my husband was pickpocketed waiting to get on the bus on our way back.... horrible end to a great holiday and arrived at the hotel after being at the police station for an hour and informed them regarding the keycard, as that was in his wallet. they were so great- they let us borrow their business centre to use the internet and a hotel mobile to call back home overseas and cancel our credit cards and phone account.. .that was stolen too! they brought us cold towels and drinks and played with our kids when they were getting restless. i would stay again anytime simply for the friendliness of the staff :-)