We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kl 2 days of family fun report

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
415 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Kl 2 days of family fun report

Last week we had a blast in Penang, grew to love the island and particularly the street food in Georgetown where we were staying.

Arrived in kl on Sunday afternoon to an awaiting taxi for a family of 6 (parents and teenage/young adult children)

We had a quiet evening in on Sunday night only really walking down to the shopping centre 'the curve' which is near our apartment.

First Impressions are that kl is more westernised than Penang - shopping centres, food outlets/restaurants and cars. Lots of very high end cars on the roads.

It took us a bit to get our head around where we were in relation to klcc, not sure if I fully have yet, because we're not staying anywhere near the city centre.

We're quite budget travellers and have spent man yours every day walking - love walking different cities.

Monday we ventured off to bau caves.cauht a free shuttle bus to kelana jaya train station the. A train to kl sentral the changed lines for batu caves.

Public transport is quite cheap, but the sneaky people charged us 1rm from sentral to batu caves, I got my money ready for the return trip but that was 2rm per person!!!

We all loved batu caves, loved watching the monkies steal open packets off food off n suspecting tourists, loved the cheap Indian food, loved all the Japanese men who rowed my son who is 6ft 7 to take photos with him. Doesn't help he has a bushy beard and was told by a taxi driver in Penang his beard looked like Osama bin laden. Ps this mum really wants her clean shaven son back.

Batu caves was free, lts to do and see, lots f people selling their wares. You can go into another cave where entry fee s 15rm and you get to see snakes, iguana and a cave with some amazing Indian artwork on the cave walls.

Last night we went to the movies at the curve and saw Walter Mitty. 12rm per person, Australia is so over priced for movies!!! My son got a coke and caramel popcorn and that was 7.80rm.

As the shuttle bus and train seemed like such a long trip yesterday we decided to ail a ab and ask him how much to kl bird park. We'd agreed we didn't want to pay ver 60rm - we'd do the long public transport commute. There were 4 of us heading out - taxi 35rm.

A lovely afternoon at kl bird park (48rm entrance fee) and then we wandered across the road to the orchid gardens. The girls were feeling a bit wrecked so caught a teksi hoe, the boys died to walk into the city area and explore.

NYe looks like we're going to head down to the local shopping precinct where there is a street party and fireworks.

Husband and I are booked on the heritage walk tomorrow afternoon.

I do like Kuala Lumpur but def prefer Penang

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kl 2 days of family fun report

Great almost JBR. Sounds like your having fun and enjoy NYE.

Sean

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,909 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kl 2 days of family fun report

Interesting read, thanks for sharing!

3. Re: Kl 2 days of family fun report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 January 2015, 05:18