We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Hi,

We are travelling to KL Park Royal Hotel and I am not sure of the best transport to get to our hotel from the airport. We arrive in the afternoon. Have read some scary reports about the taxis so feel a bit anxious. If a taxi is best how do we find a reputable company? Would we be better to get a train?

Thank You

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,029 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

hi

if ur arriving at KLIA then theres a fixed rate. u buy ur coupon at the desk dependin on pax luggage etc much hassle free then get the expres train to kl sentral and the monorail/taxi

not sure what the set up is it lcct

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Hi

As with all stories you only ever hear the best or the worst! Don't feel anxious. Agree with MandW, get a taxi!

It would be far more hassel to get the train, you have to walk to the train station in the terminal, you then have to buy your tickets and wait for the next train, then 28mins to KL Station, which is not central, so then another train / monorail or taxi to the hotel. Phew - and normally works out more than a taxi door to door.

A taxi is door to door and will take about 40-60 minutes dependant on the traffic. The TAXI counter is clearly marked in the arrivals hall at both KLIA and LCCT terminals at KUL.

Walk up to the counter, if there is a queue it will be fast moving.

Tell the assistant where you want to go [hotel] and the type of taxi [budget or premier, or minivan]. They will tell you how much. Pay your fee by cash or card.

Fees are 75myr budget small compact vehicle, 105myr premier larger roomier vehicle or around 200 myr minivan 6am to midnight. All taxis charge a 50% surcharge on costs from midnight to 6am so costs will then be 105myr budget small compact vehicle, 150myr premier larger roomier vehicle or around 300 myr.

Most average travellers with 2 average or large suitcases and 2 carry-ons will need a premier taxis and it will cost them 105myr unless you are arriving after midnight.

The assistant will give you a receipt and a voucher. The voucher has a door number on it. Got out of that door.

As you come out of the door a person will ask for your voucher as you walk out the door, ask where you are going and call the next taxi over. Put your stuff and yourself into the taxi, confirm with the taxi driver where you are going, and off you go to your hotel!

As this question gets asked, well, just about daily we set up a FAQ in the Kuala Lumpur FAQs about costs ->FAQ Airport/City cost/options tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-s301/Kuala-Lu… [ < < < - - - just click on this link ]

There are no additional costs only than a tip which is up to you. Do not get into a non-voucher taxi or use touts, they will rip you off, they are not licensed and do not have adequate taxi insurance. Prebooked cars, Limos or hotel cars will cost considerably more. There are many companies operating car services that will be a bit more expensive than the taxi.

We always use the TAXI counter that is in the terminal building. All very easy!

brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Thank you for your advice, it is much appreciated! We will follow your advice and get a taxi. There are 4 of us with suitcases and hand baggage does that mean we will need a mini van?

brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Me again!

We are in Singapore, Traders Hotel, Park Royal KL and Golden Sands Penang. The taxis would be for 4 adults and luggage, we have been offered transfers through Trailfinders at a cost, the advantage would be that we wouldn t have to work out the timings of taxis. Not sure what to do....

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,124 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Bet it is more than 200myr in Kuala Lumpur!

brighton
Level Contributor
83 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

I have phoned them today for a quote on transfers included. Will let you know. It would I suppose take away the worry of timings while we are away.

North East England...
Level Contributor
512 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Hi, we stayed at the hotel Royal which is right next door to your hotel. The cost for the taxi was approx 103rm I think and only 100rm for the return trip. We did only have a taxi car as there is 2 of us but I'm sure it's not going to be too expensive. It's really easy, collect your luggage and go through as if you're going to leave the airport. You'll see a taxi kiosk; you can't miss it because there's a queue. Wait in line and show the person your hotel details. You pay them and they tell you where to collect your taxi. Easy peasy (I was unsure until we did it).

Penang
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

Hi Elizabeth,

Read your article in the forum and understand your plight of choosing your transport to the city.

May I suggest that you and partner/friends should take the LRT (train) to KL Sentral (that's Central spelt in Malay language) and subsequently take a cab (preferably the red & white ones, not the blue executive taxis) to the hotel. Insist of using the taxi meter so as not to be overcharged. Of course, the blue cabs will insist that they use meters but their rates are higher than the red & whites. I'm really not sure how the charges will be but just some little info for you. Hope it helps.

Also, please check the website for the dos & don'ts whilst in Malaysia and also what are the interesting places to visit. Though please be prepared for the traffic jams

Cheers lady from Brighton. Have a wonderful stay in Malaysia

john

9. Re: Taxi to ParkRoyal Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2015, 05:18