We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Topic
finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

Myself, my wife and minor son were at KLIA last week for returning back to India after a month's stay at Kuala Lumpur for medical reasons. After checking our passports, my index fingers of both hands were finger printed after the passports were taken inside by the immigration officer inside some cabin for about 15 minutes. After the same was done, we received our passports and were orally told in a discourteous and rude manner that we should not enter Malaysia for next 5 years, but no endorsements were made in the passports and visas. We have no clue as to what is happening and why such an oral order and inappropriate way of treating us. We showed all the documents and were having all proofs to show our valid stay. Please advise us what is to be done. We were not given any opportunity to speak anything and were just praying to return to our country safely.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

As mentioned by others, I believe that you had overstayed by a day, if Entry and Departure date are included.

30 days a month is a standard practice for visa. Please seek help from the Malaysia Consulate in India.

http://www.kln.gov.my/web/ind_chennai/faqs

How long Indian tourist can stay in Malaysia?

The allowance of stay is up to 30 days for each entry to Malaysia.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 13:13
Pulau Penang...
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

In malaysia there are a lot of foreigners who work illegally esp. from SEA and south asia using tourist visa..the government now conducting special operation to expel those without proper working visa / docs ..im afraid that might be contributing factor for the officer to give verbal order, upon seeing your passport with multiple stamps to malaysia

Mumbai (Bombay...
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

I checked up at the Consulate here in India. The three passports were scanned and the officers confirmed that we are not blacklisted and there are no negative markings against our passports. The visas are valid for 1 year and there is no problem in travelling again. Since we left with valid confirmed tickets on 31st day we were sparred and orally warned. As such the warning does not reflect in the records as per the immigration dept. here and they reiterate and confirm the same. Do suggest if any other formalities required to ensure smooth travel and return.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

Don't stay more than 30 days.

Johor Bahru...
Level Contributor
991 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

If you can bring the Malaysian doctor's letter of recommendation or appointment for further follow up treatment in Malaysia that would be helpful.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
16. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

I cannot believe that the immi officer did not explain to you the reasons or you did not understand that? Anyone with the right mindset will not leave the place without understanding the correct reason, and you seem like an educated person could have done that better than anyone else.

God only knows the true story.

Malaysia
Level Contributor
803 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

@worldandme01, well the Malaysian immigration officers are not the most eloquent or communicative people in the world. So it would not surprise me that the one particular officer might not have clearly explained the reasons.

18. Re: finger printing at departure terminal at KLIA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 May 2015, 06:17