We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

Hi ,

We arrive via Air Asia on the 3rd April, 2014 approx 12.00 noon we are staying at the Tune, could someone please tell me a good cheap place to do shopping and how to get there.

Thanks for any help.

Lizzy

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

Which Tune. If it is the one at the Airport it is nearly 60 KM from the city. A lot will depend what and if you have another flight out and what time does it depart. More information please.

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

Hi Big W,

We are indeed staying at the airport our flight leaves the following day at approx 1pm. Thanks Lizzy

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
8,114 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

You have plenty of time. The best way to get into KL is probably by taxi. The cheapest way is by bus.

A taxi will take you to your exact destination where the bus will take you to KL Sentral Station which is not really central. You could then walk to the Monorail Station, about a 10 minute walk, and go to a number of destination. I would suggest Bukit Bintang as there a lot of shopping malls, restaurants etc.

All details on using KL Airport are here.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-s301/Kuala-Lu…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,338 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

yes, go to the bukit bintang area as there are all kinds of shopping malls there.

at pavilion and lot 10, you have the high end shops. at sungei wang, you have the local shops.

do check out the food courts at the basements of lot 10 and the pavilion.

you could catch the free GoKLCity bus to petaling street for market shopping.

central market nearby is also good for souvenir shopping.

spad.gov.my/transport-operators/buses/route-…

wonderfulmalaysia.com/tips/gokl-free-city-bu…

enjoy.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

http://www.berjayatimessquarekl.com I have just got back from KL the shopping there is overwhelming. From high end to Chinatown markets with there cheap knock off's.... We found Berjay Time Square on the last day was huge even has a roller coaster and kids fun park inside..... Bukit Bintang loads there... Have fun

London
Level Contributor
1,019 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

I have to also recommend Bukit Bintang. Day or night, it seems the place to be in KL!

7. Re: 1 Day in Kuala Lumpur (Where is good shopping)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2015, 05:16