We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Kolhapur
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Me and my family members are planning for a trip to Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur and Genting. We are totally 15 members. I wanted to know which are good hotels close to Indian Restaurants? If you have been to Malaysia with Kesari/SOTC/COX & KINGS which Indian restaurants do they take the guests to? I've heard the food on Kesari Malaysia tour is gr8. Please recommend. Thanks!

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Most of the travellers here are independent travellers, so i doubt if anyone would have any idea about the packaged tours!

If you are on a package tour already, then I don't think you would have enough time to plan your own outings in between the tour??

Food all over malaysia and singapore is great. why not try the local food instead of the same food that you eat back home?

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,495 posts
1,861 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

If you have booked a holiday with tours included, I would spend the other times just relaxing or wandering around the city or malls rather than take extra tours.

I would also not look at hotels just to be near Indian restaurants as the main factor. However the Little India locations are places where you can find cheap Indian food as its also available in malls as well.

Edited: 10 March 2014, 15:24
Kolhapur
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Thanks! Any place in Genting to get Indian food?

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,806 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Hmmm... indian food at genting... there is one outlet in the food court on the 2nd floor of the indoor theme park. As soon as you enter the food court, it is on the extreme right.

Apart from this i really cannot recall any other place because we never eat at indian restaurants or outlets when abroad.

Buy water from Kl and carry it up. Water is v expensive in genting!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
883 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

Have you considered trying Malaysian food?

It's fantastic.....you can get Indian food everyday of your life when you're at home.

Eating local foods is one of the joys of travelling.....take the opportunity to experience something different.

6. Re: Kuala Lumpur (Hotels and Indian Restaurants)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2015, 05:15