We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,636 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

Today I arrived via KLIA and noted more detailed checks and longer queues at KLIA immigration.

I had priority lane access so it did not affect me. If you are arriving via economy class please do factor in the slightly longer immigration process.

My estimate would be 60mins if i had to join the regular queue.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Dubai
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

I had a completely different experience.

I arrived this morning and got through passport control faster than usual at about 0800, the queues were shorter than I'm used to. I was in the queue about 10 minutes - fastest I can remember at KLIA. Baggage was on the belt when I got there and my bicycle was already loaded onto a trolley. All very smooth and fast.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
74 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

I arrived at KLIA 5 days after the tragedy, and my wait at the immigration (I am a US citizen) was no longer than 10 minutes, 1/10 of what we have to wait at LAX!!!!!

Level Contributor
546 posts
1,207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

I flew out of KLIA last Saturday, after they'd supposedly instituted extra security and immigration checks (having arrived on the day of disappearance). There seemed to be some extra security but I still passed through everything quickly and all the staff were friendly and helpful. It's usually a well-run airport (Malaysian Airlines computer failures are the only thing that I've had slow me down significantly) so there shouldn't be huge delays.

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,180 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

We arrived 2 days ago at around 9.30pm and went thru within 5 mins for us locals as we used the auto gate and about 10 mins for my foreigner friends.

Immigration booths were all manned, so pretty smooth and fast.

5. Re: Arrival immigration clerance in light of MH 370

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 March 2015, 04:21