We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hi, can anyone advise if you can pre book seats for a Malaysian Airway flight or can it only be done when checking in online ?

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

All the information is on Malaysia Airlines website see below for link and follow guides, 48 hours before check-in free or you can pay to choose seating.

malaysiaairlines.com/hq/…favourite_spot.html

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
7,186 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

I don't know what its like with the local UK office, but when we book online to fly AMS - KUL, which we do at least once a year, we then call Malaysia Airlines' local office here in Amsterdam and they have always booked seats for us at no cost.

Edited: 22 March 2014, 20:40
cheshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hi, we've pre booked our seats. I booked through hayes and Jarvis, when my travel documents were emailed to me I phoned them and they pre booked them for me. They also gave me a website to look at the seats I think it was checkmytrip.co.uk.

Regards

Samantha

cheshire
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hi, we've pre booked our seats. I booked through hayes and Jarvis, when my travel documents were emailed to me I phoned them and they pre booked them for me. They also gave me a website to look at the seats I think it was checkmytrip.co.uk.

Regards

Samantha

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

If you book direct with Malaysian Airlines, yes you can book your seats whilst online. However, if you are doing it outside the 48hrs before your flight you will pay a fee to do this if in Economy. The fee's range I think between $10-50AU depending on what seat you choose. MAS used to be free until about 2yrs ago.

In saying that though for some odd reason as I had used points + pay for my DD flight back from London when I rang to book her seats the lady actually did it for free. This is not the norm though and I have had a few discussions with them the fact even if you are a FF they still charge you, however I like to select my favourite seats so willing to pay :)

Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hi jacks24,

who did you call here in Australia to book your seats? We are flying with Malaysia at the end of May and have booked our flights with Flight Centre, they have put our preferred seats in but l have been told there is no guarantee. I am happy to pay a bit extra to get our desired seats. I am unable to find a local no on the Malaysia website.

Thanks Rachel

India
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,275 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Here

www.malaysiaairlines.com/au/en/contact.html

Use the drop down menu to find city

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hey Rachel

What Scotlandscout provided is a great link. I ring the 132627 number it provides and go through them. Select the ticketing prompt and do your seat selecting via them. I am not sure though by going via flight centre if you can do this. When I used to use Flight Centre I normally always got my allocated seats but that was only if they remembered to do it. (Probably one of the reasons I go direct now ;)

Do you have your PNR from flight centre you might even be able to go online and see if they have booked seats.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 08:55
Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
944 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Hi, we asked our travel agent to allocate our seats as we wanted 4 together, they did so about 2 weeks ago at no charge.(we go this week)

I have just checked us in and the alllocated seats the travel agent got for us were against our booking we just had to confirm them. I dont know if our travel agent did this for us a gesture of goodwill and we should of paid or if they can do it for free (In our case the travel company is Travelbag)

Edited: 25 March 2014, 13:13
Geelong, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malaysian Airways -seat booking

Thanks for the replys,

Scotlandscout, jacks24 and lil-miss-sunshine, l will have to wait till 48hrs prior to flight to check in and hopefully our preferred seats will have been booked through Flight Centre.

Regards Rachel