We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking advice from KL experts

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Malta
Level Contributor
145 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking advice from KL experts

Hello fellow travellers: I am visiting KL next week and I need to know please which of the following areas is best in terms of proximity to malls, restaurants, cafes, ATMs, supermarkets, etc. I am considering staying at Grand Millennium, Prince Hotel or Concorde Hotel and appreciate any info about which offers better overall experience. Many thanks for any advice.

Navi Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Genting Highlands
Level Contributor
2,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Grand Millenium is a fine choice - in the heart of Bukit Bintang. It is next to all the places you mention.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,973 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Grand Millennium is nearer the malls, Prince just on the edge, and Concorde is 20mins walk from the malls.

Grand Millennium is next to the Pavilion, adjacent to Starhill Gallery, opposite KL Fahrenheit, just up the road from Lot10, a bit further and under the monorail to BB Plaza / Sungei Wang, and about 5mins walk to Times Square, or 20mins walk to Suria KLCC. Plus endless little restaurants, bars and shops. ATMs in the malls. Lot10 and Pavillion have a supermarket.

Malta
Level Contributor
145 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Thank you both for this useful information.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Hi Tarantella

We love the GM and I am probably a bit biased as I think the staff at the GM are great and the location is A1. Having said that though the GM is a bit dated, or was at least last time I visited and when the GM was full we were forced to find somewhere else to stay. We chose the Royal Chulan around the corner from the GM and we were pretty happy with it. The Hotel is newer than many and the price was attractive also. It has a great architecture and provides good bang for your buck. Either way the GM or the RC should tick the boxes for you. Have a great trip

Sean

Malta
Level Contributor
145 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Thank you very much Sean. I will be staying at the GM primarily because of its location. Best wishes, Tarantella

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
2,765 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Good choice Tarantella. If you are staying at the GM , please be sure to say hello to the nicest doorman in the place , Zul. The staff are very kind and helpful.

Sean

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

GM is probably the best located hotel, only because its so close to one of my favourite malls (pavillion!) however on the last two visits the rooms were horribly dated! Not worth the rate at all, because of this we have chosen Parkroyal for our next visit in two weeks.. If it is location ur after then GM is a good un.

Altho, if ur staying in GMs club rooms they have been newly renovated and look very nice indeed!

Malta
Level Contributor
145 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

Yes precisely. I have chosen the club room at Grand Millennium. It looks nice and comfortable. Looking forward to my trip in two days. Thanks to all the good people at TA KL Forum.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,973 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

I love the Park Royal!

10. Re: Seeking advice from KL experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2015, 05:16