We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

Karachi, Pakistan
3 posts
Save Topic
Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

Hi

I will visit KL with my wife in mid-April-14 without any reservation for 15 days, I am on Project at Sri Lanka I don’t know about actual dates to complete the project. Please any one let me know if we go there without reservation of hotel etc. has this any issue, or I will get easily hotel, Train, local flight etc. my plan to visit below places

• KL

• Genting high land,

• Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia

• Cameron Highlands,

• Lata Iskandar Waterfalls

Penang island

• Lankawi Island

I would appreciate if any one guide me that my selection is fine or it would be better to change

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,581 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

If you are a Pakistani passport holder, you will need to obtain a Visa from your local Malaysian High Commission. Otherwise without a Visa you may find that you will not be allowed entry into the country when you arrive at the airport.

Normally as part of your visa application, you may need to provide proof / photocopies of your air ticket including return flight. So at the very minimum, you cannot visit without at least fixing your arrival/departure dates and buying your airline tickets to and from Malaysia.

Unless you intend to stay in budget hotels, it would be better to book your hotels in advance. So that you are sure you get to stay in the hotel of your choice, and so that you don't end up lugging your luggage around town looking for a hotel room.

For local flights, ticket prices tend to become more expensive the longer you wait. Hence it is better to book as early as possible. For bus or train tickets you can buy when you get here.

If you are happy with your itinerary, then go with it.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,792 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

The walk in rates for hotels tend to be more expensive than advance booking, from my experience.

Also, without advance reservations and a return ticket, immigration may think you are here to work illegally and deny you entry.

Edited: 30 March 2014, 02:13
Karachi, Pakistan
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

Thanks for your precise knowledge!!

I would like to inform you that we both have Malaysian Visa and return ticket, I could be change according to my project completion date probably 12-Apr-2014.

I want do know that:

1. I don’t have credit card, but I have sufficient cash, then how can I book my hotel and local flight in advance

2. Secondly please guide about my mentioned travel plan that I have made to by visiting various websites I need expert opinion it would be changed if you suggest other better itinerary.

3. KL to Genting high land to Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia (Please suggests rout and transport type)

4. Genting high land to Cameron Highlands to Lata Iskandar Waterfalls (Please suggests rout and transport type)

5. Cameron Highlands to Penang island (Please suggests rout and transport type)

6. Penang island to Lankawi Island (Please suggests rout and transport type)

7. Lankawi Island to KL (Please suggests rout and transport type)

Note: I have only 14 days to visit

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,907 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

1. I don’t have credit card, but I have sufficient cash, then how can I book my hotel and local flight in advance

A] you will probably need to leave a large cash deposit to cover for indicentals during your stay

2. Secondly please guide about my mentioned travel plan that I have made to by visiting various websites I need expert opinion it would be changed if you suggest other better itinerary

A] busy and a lot of travelling - its your plan so if you are happy with it then its a good one.

3. KL to Genting high land to Batu Caves, Selangor, Malaysia (Please suggests rout and transport type)

A] Taxi or bus. Don't forget that the outside theme park is closed until 2016

4. Genting high land to Cameron Highlands to Lata Iskandar Waterfalls (Please suggests rout and transport type)

A] Bus or taxi back to Kuala Lumpur, then taxi or bus to Cameron Highlands then taxi.

5. Cameron Highlands to Penang island (Please suggests rout and transport type)

A] bus

6. Penang island to Lankawi Island (Please suggests rout and transport type)

A] fly or ferry

7. Lankawi Island to KL (Please suggests rout and transport type)

A] flying, ferry/bus, ferry/train

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

At the very minimum book at least 1 night so you can then look around for accomodation and leave your luggage in the room.

I prefer to book all my accomodation in advance and tools like tripadvisor are very helpful so that you can make good choices.

Tommo

Petaling Jaya...
Level Contributor
2,222 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

If without a credit card, you will be walking around with a large amount of cash for a 15 days visit.

Most probably, you will need to pay the full amount of your hotel stay upon checkin as well as a security to cover incidentals like room service..

An example-. 4 nights + security. The security amount varies, but can be another 4 nights cost . If at hostel or cheap accommodation, then the security amount will be reduced. You will get back your security amount when you check out.

For flights, you can walk in to any travel agency or airline office to purchase your air tickets, but buying online with a credit card will be cheaper. Bus counters does transaction in cash too.

7. Re: Visiting KL with my wife in Apr-14 without any reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 05:17