We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

LCCT and KLIA terminals

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Topic
LCCT and KLIA terminals

I have a transit in KL, i`m coming in Lcct terminal at 00:05 and leaving from KLIA at 02:00,is it enough time, can i be on time?

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,898 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

If you mean 2 am, the answer is no.

All information under Top Questions on the right of the page (full screen view)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,246 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

Oh dear, arriving at 00:05 and departing at 02:00 means you are more than likely to miss your next flight. Oh dear.

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

oh no =(

Prague, Czech...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

thanks for information, now i`m emotionally ready fro this)

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,998 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

You have a SLIM chance to make it but it is still possible if you are super lucky if your flight arrives not a minute late, no queue at immigration, you have no luggage to claim, no queue at taxi stand and the taxi driver is a former ambulance driver.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,569 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

99% chance you will miss your flight.

It takes about 40mins min to deplane and clear the LCCT, most people do it between 40mins - 60mins.

It takes 20-30 mins to take a cab to KLIA. Remember you have to queue to get a coupon, and possibly queue at the taxi rank. If you are new to the airport, you will be spending time figuring out where is where.

However, your onward flight check in closes 1 hour before flight.

So what happens if you miss your onward flight?

- What is the cost for a no show?

- Do you have to pay a price difference for the next days flight?

- How much is a last min overnight hotel around KLIA?

- How much did you pay for your onward destination hotel which you will not stay in for the first night?

- Whats it worth for the anxiety on the Airasia flight coming in?

I would simply change to an earlier flight. Not worth the gamble on this one.

Stockholm, Sweden
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

Hi just want to know if you missed your flight..im also planning to book a flight arriving 5.50PM at LCCT then leaving to singapore at 7pm you think i have enough time ? One more thing, if ever anyone knows how to go to the train station KL to singapore from LCCT if ever i will take the train instead of flying.. Thanks for the help.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,246 posts
348 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

Romalene you have no chance at all. You 100% will miss your flight. You need 2 hours to possibly get the flight with a 99% chance, 3 hours to get the flight. You only have 1 hour 10mins, you will miss your flight!

From LCCT you can get a bus, a taxi or bus/train combo to KL Sentral. As this question gets asked, well, just about daily we set up a FAQ in the Kuala Lumpur FAQs about costs ->FAQ Airport/City cost/options tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-s301/Kuala-Lu… [ < < < - - - just click on this link ]

Kota Kinabalu
Level Contributor
22 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

If you guys arrived on or after 9th May 2014, it will be KLIA 2 and that is a whole new experience trying to move between terminals. Perhaps the train will be ready soon...when KLIA 2 opens, anyone trying to transfer between terminals please share your experience here, might help someone else. It is not far as LCCT. Oh by the way good luck Alyona and Almalene.

P/s the last time I tried to transfer from LCCT to KLIA was in 2013. I made sure that my flight to SIN from KLIA was 7 hours after landing in LCCT. I took the slowwwwww bus but cheap from LCCT to KLIA. According to my experience, no, you guys won't make it for your plane in KLIA. Sorry..

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: LCCT and KLIA terminals

Hi,

guess you could see if you could push forward your flight into LCCT earlier;even at KLIA2, your 0005hrs arrival, I can say you will still miss your 0200hrs flight..who knows their baggage handling system goes kaput..then it is manual handling,and may take longer than normal expectations ,then giving time you deplane,and distance(that you have to walk) from plane parking apron bay to terminal, immigration, baggage retrieval, then guess you need the taxi/bus(as am sure the short train service may have already close) from KLIA2 to KLIA.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 05:59