We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reservations

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
350 reviews
Save Topic
Reservations

Hi

Is i better to reserve restaurants etc before we go or better to speak to hotel to advise when we arrive.

Thanks for any help

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reservations

Reserve when you arrive.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reservations

what restaurants are you thinking of?

We don't really have iconic restaurants where you need to book months ahead to secure a seat.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reservations

It just sprang to mind, the only place might be in the evening at Sky Bar at Traders Hotel, but it could hardly be described as a Restaurant.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reservations

We are staying at the traders but are going to eat at the MBS and the raffles

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reservations

If you are eating at the top end restaurants then yes, if you want a specific date / time, I would do that myself online via email and not leave it to the hotel who will probably charge! Also need to prebook the cabanas at Kuala Lumpur Traders for the night views over the PETRONAS Towers.

MBS?? Raffles?? er, aren't these in Singapore? An hours flight away?

The better restaurants in Kuala Lumpur are the ones you just rock up at, and are cheap with plastic chairs!

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
870 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reservations

MBS and raffles? You should be asking at Singapore forum. And yes, I would book ahead for those, as I normally do with most restaurants in Singapore. Depending on how many days you are staying and how flexiable your time is, you can wait till you get there and have local contact number.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,605 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Reservations

Those at mbs its better to book ahead, as those are celebrity restauranta like tetsuya, wolfgang puck..etc

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Reservations

Yes sorry travelmitch, we are going to singapore straight after we leave kuala lumpur

9. Re: Reservations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 06:15