We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas and NYE

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Christmas and NYE

Hi.. Is there any recommendation for christmas dinner in KL? I'm planning to go from 25 dec - 03 jan.. And going to be changing hotels..

Australia
Level Contributor
2,703 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas and NYE

We used our own hotel for Xmas lunch last year, so depends on what hotel your staying at or do you want to find somewhere else, what your food tastes are and your budget.

My preference for Xmas lunch was it had to have Seafood and Xmas pudding....the Renaisance had this (were we always stay) so we booked them. It wasn't cheap for malaysian standards but for Australian standards it was the 1/3rd of the price to here. They provided excellent choices of food and amazing deserts. They even had a father Xmas who gave us all a lolly bag - it was great and the guy who organised it even came and chatted to us to see how everything was etc :)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,421 posts
388 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas and NYE

Hi

You won't find a really good Christmas lunch or dinner with all the trimmings, only a Malaysian take on it. As Jacks says most hotels will offer their version, and it tends ot be expensive.

Personally I would rather have something more local. I can have Christmas lunch anytime!

Most hotels have their 'menu' out around the beginning of December.

For a different feel, we like to enjoy the views from 360' Atmosphere at the top of the KL Menara, they have a Santa, which is fun!!

Christmas in Kuala Lumpur is great, everywhere is very, very festive!

Always travel with a please, a thank you and a smile, then folks will always be more willing to help you! Thank you so much for asking your question.

Mentioned in this post
Menara Kuala Lumpur
Menara Kuala Lumpur
7,361 Reviews
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur
Kuala Lumpur
Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
3. Re: Christmas and NYE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 April 2015, 06:15