We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
223 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Hi!

I remember there was a bus from Melaka Sentral to LCCT but I cannot remember which bus company it was.

Now that LCCT is closed, is there a bus which goes from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Thanks a zillion.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Hi,

Yep-Transnasional.

Now KLIA and KLIA2 are linked with a rail link with journey duration of only 3mins

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
223 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Thanks mKiaratravel

Does that mean that Transnasional will go to KLIA but not direct to KLIA 2 and I have to transfer by another train that takes 3 minutes?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

At the moment looking at Transnasional ticketing site,it just indicate KLIA,no mention of KLIA2.

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
223 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Thanks mKiaratravel again.for your reply.

As I will be coming up from Johor Bahru in South Malaysia, I am deciding whether I should:

1. Take a bus to Melaka Sentral and transfer to another bus to KLIA 2 or

2. Take a bus to Bandar Tasik Selatan (BTS) and transfer to an airport bus to KLIA 2. If there is no direct bus at BTS to KLIA 2, then I will have to take a train to KL Sentral to take the airport train. This will be a long way, including all the walking and waiting time for one train to the next.

When I look at the map of Malaysia, going from Johor Bahru to KL Sentral seems to be the longer way. You go up north to KL Sental and then come back down south to go to the airport, while going from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2 is only one way northwards. Even if Transnasional buses only go to KLIA, the transfer to KLIA 2 is only a 3 minutes' ride, so it's not too bad.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 05:55
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Hi EricW,

Can take KLIA Transit train at BTS.

Though I thought there is this coach operator-YoYo that does JB(Tun Aminah) to KLIA route.And they might do drop off at Level 1 at KLIA2.

Check it out when it is convenient.

http://www.yoyo.my/home_en.aspx

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
223 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Thanks mKiaratravel again.

After googling about, this is what I found:

www.yoyo.my/TimeTable.aspx?TimeTable=LP006

The Aman Jaya terminal is in Ipoh which is even further than KL Sentral. The other one at Taiping is out of the question. Wrong place. So that leaves only Yong Peng which is in Johor. There is no departure from Tun Aminah Terminal in the link, which is yoyo's website.

NB: There is a date 5 May 2014 on the page so I guess this is the latest information from the bus company.

Kuala Lumpur...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

http://www.transnasional.com.my/

click "Destination at your finger tips" search KLIA2 and des: melaka

Price RM21.90

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Hi,

Departure JB means Tun Aminah, as you can note, it shows JB/YOngPeng,then dep (say) JB1200am,then dep YongPeng1:15am

Edited: 07 May 2014, 10:10
Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Hi,

spot on waja2000-- good on you..Cheers mate.

Incheon, South Korea
Level Contributor
223 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any bus from Melaka Sentral to KLIA 2?

Thanks waja2000.

At 11.01 am today, mKiaratravel was looking at Transnational's website and saw no mention of KLIA 2.

Just a while ago, I got www.yoyo.my/TimeTable.aspx?TimeTable=LP006 which was updated on 5 May 2014.

And now, you got the information that they do go to KLIA2. Looks like as we were talking, their IT staff was actually busy working on updating their website, and by the time you logged in, the latest information was out.

I think I will stick to going to JB Larkin ===> Melaka ====> KLIA 2. Safer to stick to major cities. Just now, I was googling around trying to figure how to go to Yong Peng Terminal. Might turn out ot be some hassle trying to find the terminal. Also, I read some bad reviews online about yoyo's poor punctuality. On the other hand, Transnasional had quite good comments and I read that it is the biggest bus company in Malaysia.

Thanks everybody.

Edited: 07 May 2014, 10:57