We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

Hi

I'm flying this week in MH business class and am wondering if the seats, service are as bad as all the reviews say? The photos of the new planes look impressive enough and my regional business class experience with them has been excellent.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Penang Island...
Destination Expert
for Penang, Penang Island, George Town, Tanjung Bungah, Batu Ferringhi
Level Contributor
10,827 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

Having recently walked through the business class seat area on the upper deck of one of the A380s , I have to say I wasn't impressed with the business class seats either! They seemed to be in a strange formation necessitating anyone by the window having to climb over the seat besides them to go to the toilet. Very strange I thought. Also most of the things that you notice in other business class seat areas seemed to be missing. Maybe that's why they're so (relatively) cheap?

sydney
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

As suspected :(

Thanks for your reply.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

I did KUL-MEL-KUL on MAS business class in March.

It wasn't on a A380. My flight departed on 20:15 and arrived at 6am in Melbourne. A quick look at flights in June an didn't see any with A380. Either 330 or 777

The business class seats were angle flat, a bit of a pain to sleep in. In any case its just a 8 hour flight. By the time dinner service is over you would have only about 5-6 hours left in the flight.

Food as usually included the iconic satay, which I would say is excellent. Rest of the meal was typical airline business class, which you can eat better at a food court anywhere.

I would say its not the best business class product out there, but sometimes its sold quite cheap and this beats a red eye on economy.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,699 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

I liked the 777 better than the A330 but love the A380. I liked the business class product, just the A330 isn't as comfy - we did day/night they are angled but was able to sleep.

The a380 was to Paris and I just love the aircraft - the seats are lie flat but do have a small lip at the end which was a little annoying but I could still sleep. I really liked the area in front of the cabin were they put snacks and drinks - it even had chocolate there yum ;)

MAS obviously isn't the best business class compared to say Singapore but then it is 2-3k cheaper normally.

We are flying again business in sept and looking forward to it :)

5. Re: Flying Malaysian Airlines from Singapore to Melbourne via KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16