We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Topic
KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Hello,

How is the emergency ambulance/paramedic service in KL? Do people ring the ambulance in case of a medical emergency and is it reliable?

Thanks

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,984 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

That is a strange question. Yes people ring for an ambulance when the situation arises.

Is it reliable is subjective, depending on a large number of factors.

Ambulances get delayed if you are unable to give a accurate location, get stuck in traffic during peak hours, out serving other people...etc

kuala lumpur
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Don't worry my friend , if you need one just dial 999 and they will help you immediately,I guess everybody knows that KL ambulances are quite busy at all times, and i'm sure you will get noticed with the sound and sirens coming through you.Cheers

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,164 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Not a strange question. In fact so un-strange there is a FAQ for it! Srangely called ICE=In Case of Emergency tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g293951-s603/Malays…

Have you read the Top Questions -------->>>>>> Everyone forgets or misses the Green Banner and the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phone / tablets / tablets], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone / tablet app’ you won’t see the Green banner or the FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Green Banner is at the top of the page whilst the Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

-----> -----> -----> ----->

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,487 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

There are 2 types of emergency paramedic services available over Malaysia

1)operated by government hospital>so service is not that great.

2)The private (St john ambulance) offer great services ,will give prompt response when contacted but charge higher rate.

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Thanks Leopang for the response. When the emergency "999" is dialled, does the caller choose the emergency ambulance provider (government operated vs private)? We are travelling with a child with peanut allergy and having learned that in KL, peanuts can be anywhere, I have to get myself familiar with the emergency procedures in KL.

Edited: 10 June 2014, 03:13
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,487 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

999 do not get into the services

Their phone contact>>goto contact

St john ambulance site:

http://www.sjam.org.my/

Their phone and contact inside their page

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
3,168 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

If you're staying downtown, there's a good hospital called Prince Court. It's private so expensive but certainly way cheaper than Aus hospitals. I trust you've travel insurance .......

Sydney
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

Hi,

I received the following email clarification from St. John Ambulans Malaysia.

"...With regards to your request, St. John Ambulans Malaysia respond to the request from our National Emergency Contact Center which is 999. Upon receiving the call, we will respond accordingly...."

Regards

9. Re: KL: Ambulance, Emergency hospital services

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:16