We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Hi all,

my flight leaves singapore on sunday and should arrive in KL sometime in the afternoon, around 1500.

Ive had a look at the guides and most likely will follow this one

tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g298570-l136-Kuala_L…

and add some of the attractions from the following guides

tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g298570-l138-Kuala_L…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g298570-i14585-Kuala…

tripadvisor.co.uk/Guide-g298570-i14903-Kuala…

Now some of the attractions overlap, but mostly i just want to wander around and experience the culture and the food.

When i arrive, i'll go to the hotel, which ive yet to find, to drop my luggage and freshen up before exploring. I was thinking maybe a cycling tour? But i cant find anything on the activities page. anything similar? just something that will help me familiarise myself with the place.

Would 3 days be enough in KL? So departing on wednesday or would thursday be a better option?

I would like to travel further inland maybe to georgetown, and spend maybe 3 days there. What would be the best way of getting there? I'll keep reading though.

Thanks for reading and any advice will be appreciated.

thank you

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Hotel booked from Sunday until thursday, 4 nights:

tripadvisor.co.uk/…REVIEWS.

On thursday i might go straight to phucker but havent decided yet. Possible to do georgetown and phucket till 25th june?

thanks for any heelp

2. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 04:05
Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Hot ,humid and polluted with engine exhausted,KL traffic is not conducive for cyclist.

All vehicles claim their right of way and could not careless for cyclist.

Go for the free Hop on Hop off with open top bus ride to get a feel of KL city

Edited: 11 June 2014, 03:41
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Ill have a look at that bus service!

thank you

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,800 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

KL is not conducive for cycling and hence cycling tours are not popular.

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Exactly what I thought but seeing that your picture is pretty active - I would maybe suggest go to FRIM great walk, tree walk or i believe they have bicycle rental there now and you can make it as easy or hard as you

Like.

The time you spend in KL is a subjective thing - we love it so much we are back for our 9th time in a few weeks and we spend up to 10days each time and still find plenty to do.

If you can add the extra day then IMO I probably would, other things that you might like are ATVadventure park - great riding there. The twin towers is a great one for first timers and eating is a great sport in KL ;)

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,337 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

goto this site for bicycle rental.

Amid a housing estate.

malaysia-traveller.com/malaysia-agriculture-…

A far bit off from KL and poor public transport .

Had to travel with cab to reach there

8. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 10:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,352 posts
1,914 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Avoid this website as mrdedicated2u has been spamming with his business self promotion all afternoon and having his posts consistently removed.

Tommo

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving in KL on Sunday 15 June...hopefully

Thanks for all the info guys.

Have decided to forego the cycles and just use the public transportation, though I hope it comes close to the one in Singapore.

Before I arrive I want to decide on my outward journey after KL, 3 days enough in George town? Best way of getting there?

Any help with with the travel plans will be helpful.

Thank you