We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nearby island?

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
nearby island?

Someone told me there was an island nearby but I can't seem to find anything on Google - 15 minutes by train I was told and was wondering if anyone knew where this might be and what train?!

Sydney
Level Contributor
143 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nearby island?

15 minutes from KL Sentral? I don't believe there is.

Wangaratta...
Destination Expert
for Kota Kinabalu, Wangaratta, Sandakan
Level Contributor
7,942 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nearby island?

Kuala Lumpur is an inland city and there are no islands within 15 minutes by train.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,422 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: nearby island?

There are no islands within 2 hours by train plus 30+ min ferry ride of Kuala Lumpur, a landlocked city!

The only thing I could possibly think it might be would be the lake at Putrajaya, that is 15mins by train from Kuala Lumpur city. Putrajaya is the adminstration capital so no beaches, shops and bars.

Travel lightly with regards when seeking help, travel with a smile to help it on the way. Travel with a please, and travel with a thank you always. Folks will always be more willing to help you! Thank you so much for asking your question.

Edited: 16 June 2014, 14:00
4. Re: nearby island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 06:17