We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
12 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

I've seen the mrt map but it is so confusing. Can someone kindly explain to me how do I get to my hotel Ascott KL from airport coming in by Air Asia?? It is my 1st time travelling to KL by flight.

Really appreciate your help!

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,673 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

Kuala Lumpur doesn't have a MRT ... yet. The MRT is still under construction.

You can take the fast train called the KLIA Ekspres (RM35 per person, 33 minutes) from KLIA2 airport terminal to the KL Sentral train station near the city. Alternatively you could do the same trip by coach i.e. Skybus (RM8 per person, 60/75 minutes).

From KL Sentral, you can then take the LRT to KLCC station. You would then need to walk through the Suria KLCC mall and out into the street, past the Mandarin Oriental Hotel and across Jalan Pinang to get to Ascott KL, probably a 15 minute walk.

If you are not good with directions or reading maps, it is probably best just to get a taxi from either KLIA2 or KL Sentral direct to your hotel.

Be advised there are two Ascotts, so make sure you are going to the right one. The other Ascott is at KL Sentral.

Edited: 05 July 2014, 09:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,796 posts
1,934 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

Agree just get a coupon taxi.It will save a lot of hassle.

Tommo

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,105 posts
370 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

Train or bus from KUL airport goes to KL Sentral.

From KL Sentral you then get a train / monorail / bus to your hotel.

One the Rapid website you can actually plan a route --> http://www.myrapid.com.my/

If there is more than one person travelling then it is cheaper and quicker to get a taxi.

As questions similar to yours get asked just about daily we have set up some Top Questions FAQs in the right panel part of this screen. Everyone forgets or misses the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phone / tablets / tablet apps], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone / tablet app’ you won’t see the very informative Green banner or the FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

-----> ----> ---> --> ->

you will find the Top questions about KUALA LUMPUR and the FAQs which can give a lot of the detailed information you will need to answer your questions [and probably a bit more], in particular ---->

FAQ Traveller guides

-- AIRPORT INFORMATION --

-> FAQ Airport/City Time tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g298570-c146437/Kua…

-> FAQ Airport/City cost/options tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-s301/Kuala-Lu…

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney
Level Contributor
4,357 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

have a look at this post for info

tripadvisor.com.au/…59518737

5. Re: Arriving with Air Asia, how to get to Ascott KL???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:15