We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

I'm planning a trip to KL for up to 3 months. Noticed the following report:

"had two small shopping bags of clothing washed/dried/folded and the charge was 300Ringgit!!!"

tripadvisor.ca/…REVIEWS

In my Bangkok hotel i'd only pay 5 or 10 USD for 2 bags of laundry to be washed, ironed & returned on hangers, not $100! In Singapore i can go to a self serve a 10 minute walk from my hotel & pay $4 SG to wash a load of clothes.

Does anyone know what the laundry costs are at the Alpha Genesis hotel? Or alternately is there a self serve near it at a reasonable cost?

Surely KL has some reasonable options somewhere.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

Hi, there are several laundry on Jalan Alor which is the road parallel to Tengkat Tong Shin

e.g. Top One Laundrette

No. 15, Jalan Alor,

YS Dry-cleaning & Laundry Sdn. Bhd.

66 Jalan Alor

Pusat Dobi Tong Shin

80 Jalan Alor

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,916 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

Hi

lots along Jalan Imbi. Prices vary dependant on if you want ironing or not, 5-10myr a kilo

Thanks for asking.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,316 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

There is even a laundry in Tengkat Tong Shin virtually a few doors down from Vietnamese Restaurant Sao Nam.

Tommo

Australia
Level Contributor
2,692 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g298570-i7008-k…

Would never use a hotel laundry this is one that was recommended to me - if you use the search button you might find one closer

Thanks

5. Re: laundry cost & locations in or near hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 00:17