We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Pune, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Hi All ,

I need some help in finalyzing my things to do & places to see in Singapore & KL. I find many places similar in both countries .Please help me decide which of these similar places I can miss in Singapore & do in Kl & Vice-versa .

1. Singapore Flyer - KL Flyer

2. Singapore China town - KL China Town

3. Singapore SEA Aquarium - KL Aquarium

4. Singapore Little India - KL Little India

5. Singapore Bird Park - KL Bird Park .

Although I understand that both countires have there own charm and can't be compared with each other but still I want to save time & Money , I am trying to get best of both the worlds :)

I have 5 days in Singapore 2 in KL and 1 in Genting .

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks & Regards

Gaurav Deep

Petaling Jaya...
Destination Expert
for Malaysia
Level Contributor
7,249 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Well KL doesnt have a KL Flyer so thats one easy decision made for you.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,579 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Other than Chinatown, Singapore wins on all of them.

There is no KL Flyer!

Pune, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Thanks Mitch ....and I thought I am posting in KL forum I would get a bit Biased replies :-)

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
36,579 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

Why would our replies be bias?

We only give our own and honest opinions here.

1. Singapore Flyer - KL Flyer

A] Singapore has one, Kuala Lumpur doesn't

2. Singapore China town - KL China Town

A] Singapore Chinatown had the guts ripped in the 70s/80s what is there now is rebuilt and modern replicas - having visited in the 70's to go there now is a real disappointment. That is why KL Chinatown is more a real Chinatown!

3. Singapore SEA Aquarium - KL Aquarium

A] Singapore always does it better - better laid out, better cared for, better organised

4. Singapore Little India - KL Little India

A] probably about the same, but preferred the Singpore one, it is more commercialized though.

5. Singapore Bird Park - KL Bird Park .

A] Singapore always does it better - better laid out, better cared for, better organised

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,653 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

If you plan to save money, then Malaysia is the winner. Singapore costs significantly more than Malaysia in almost all counts, and sometimes double or more. A room in sheraton imperial kL can be had for RM 300, wheras the Sheraton towers in singapore goes for SGD 250 a night. A top end italian restaurant in singapore cost me Sgd 200 rivaling some michelin star restaurants in the US. A similar meal in KL would cost less than RM200.

6. Re: Places to visit in KL and skip in Singapore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:16