We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

Hi all,

Next week I will travel to KL.

May I know what is the transportation to the hotel from KLIA?

Bus or taxi? The cost and the time taken? 2 person by the way.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
30 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

Hello,

The best (and fastest) to get to the city from klia is by ERL train. its rm35 for one way per person and its only take around 33 minutes to the kl sentral, the transport hub for kl. from there get a taxi to tune hotel, preferred if u get the coupon taxi that its counter located near the hilton side entrance of kl sentral.

if u want to opted for taxi, it will cost u around rm90 from the klia terminal to the city. and please get the taxi from the counter in klia and not from the touts. it will take around 1 hour and depends on the traffic condition.

may u enjoy kl. cheers.

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

For two people the KLIA Ekress (Thats the train mentioned in the post above) will be around the same cost as a direct Taxi from the airport.

If you have a Smartphone get hold of an App like "MyTeksi" and it will help you estimate Taxi fares around Malaysia, so you can see what things add up to compared to other options.

It's at least 75RM to get a Taxi from the Airport to the City, if you do the KLIA Ekpress it's 70RM (35 each) plus getting from KL Sentral to the Tune.

The monorail could be much cheaper than a Taxi, and the Tune is basically across the road from the Monorail station (tunehotels.com/au/en/our-hotels/downtown-kl/) so that'll be cheap.

Consider getting a MyPass card for each of you at the airport, it'll make KL Public transport a breeze. (http://www.mypass.com.my)

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

Since you are staying at the tune, I will guess budget is a concern. Take the bus rm9? To KL sentral, then walk to the monorail station and take the monorail. Unless of course you come after midnight, then you better camp in the airport till morning.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

Anyway, I'll be reaching the the KLIA around 00.00 AM, so I guess u'll suggest me taking a cab/taxi instead. Right?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,597 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

By the time you exit is 1am. A cab into the city might cost RM120, reaching the hotel at 2am. Its your call whether you want to spend this amount or camp till morning at the airport.

6. Re: From KLIA to Tune Hotel Downtown KL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 05:16