We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

hi there, anyone non-resident in malaysia recently got a touristic (6months) indian visa in KL?

I'm going there soon and then apply for the visa and then fly to India... (italian passport)

internet and forums are just confusing me.

indiavisa.com.my/application/non_resident_fo…

this link seems they do, but then others say that they don't.

any recent experience?!?

must have a confirmed flight in n out before to apply?

and if they don't grant the visa?

I d like to book the flight once i got the visa..

any real help d be much appreciate

thankssss

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

have you called the indian high commission in KL?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

no. i've not phone! but i ll be in KL in a few days. so maybe I can just show up to ask exactly how s working

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,628 posts
1,573 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

I think members here are not really qualified to give visa advice as this is a travel forum. Direct your enquiries to the appropriate body so you will get correct information.

Tommo

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

why not call the indian high comm first before coming?

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
980 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

There is now an Indian Visa Centre in KL by Chinatown, right by the river. You don't go to the Embassy any more.

Address is: GRANDLOTUS INDIA VISA CENTRE SDN. BHD.

G-01,STRAITS TRADING BUILDING, NO.2,LEBUH PASAR BESAR,

50050 KUALA LUMPUR. TEL: 03-26922692

Details at www.indiavisa.com.my

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

Ciao,

please refer here

www.indianhighcommission.com.my/Visa.html

Q.5.

Though you have not phone, you can post this, so guess you could email to them:-

Email:cons@indianhighcommission.com.my

Edited: 08 August 2014, 09:34
Pesaro, Italy
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

High Commission of India

September 25, 2013

*Tourist Visa is granted to a Foreigner who does not have a residence or occupation in India and whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sight-seeing, casual visit to meet friends and relatives. No other activity is permissible on a Tourist Visa. The Tourist Visa is non-extendable and non convertible

*REQUIREMENTS :

APPLICATION WITH FALSE & INCORRECT INFORMATION WIL BE REJECTED

1) Visa application of NON-MALAYSIAN foreigner who is not resident of Malaysia will be rejected

2) Visa validity starts from the date of Visa Balance Fee payment with passport submission after Reference Clearance / Approval is available

3) Application form is to be completed ELECTRONICALLY ONLY in all respects.Applications with incomplete details are liable to be rejected.

4) Non-Resident Form to be completed in all respects;STATING COMPLETE & CLEAR address of country of origin.Application with incomplete details is liable to be rejected.

5) Form signed by applicantONLY

6) 2 recent coloured photographs (2 inches X 2 inches) with white background ONLY

7) Passport valid for 6 months with minimum two blank pages

8) Original proof of passport and photocopy of passport detail pages

9) Address of referees in Malaysia or country of domicile and in India to be furnished in detail

10) Proof of entry into Malaysia: Original & photocopies of Malaysian entry permit stamp in passport / Student Visa, etc.

11) Proof of residing in Malaysia on Malaysian Employment Pass / Long Term visit Pass/Malaysia My Second Home / other supporting documents. (Copies of Malaysian Visa evidences from current to last 2 years)

12) Letter from Visa applicants who are on tourist visa in Malaysia stating reason for not applying Indian Visa from home country.

13) Reference Clearance application fee of RM49.56 inclusive of RM1.56 service fee

14) Submission at IVS Global India Visa Centres in Malaysia

15) Takes MINIMUM 6 WORKING DAYS for clearance/ approval of the application upon processing fee and Visa Balance Fee paid. If visa is rejected all fees paid is forfeited.

16) For Approval, please go to http://www.indiavisa.com.my/visa_status.php & type File Ref. No. printed on receipt in the �Reference Number� box & click search.

17) Visa fees varies according to nationalities / countries (please go to http://www.indiavisa.com.my/visa_fee.php for details)

18)Upon approval applicant has to submit passport for visa stamping. Validity starts from passport submission date. If passport is not submitted within 6 months from approval approval date, the application becomes invalid. Applicant has to re- submit fresh application.

19)Visa stamping takes another 4 working days.

20) All visa applications must be supported with the passport photocopy

Confirmed flight tickets to and from India.

8. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 December 2015, 04:11
9. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 17:01
10. Re: indian visa in kuala lumpur (non resident-malesian)

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 30 May 2016, 05:16