We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trader airport limo service

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Donsol, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trader airport limo service

Hi,

We will be staying at Traders for two nights in October.

I know it is very easy and reasonably priced to get a taxi from the airport. but I am considering using their limo service as a treat.

Has anyone used this service please and can offer any feedback?

Thanks x

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trader airport limo service

Well its always nice to be greeted at the main door and led to a hotel limo, with possibly a cold towel and a bottle of water waiting for you.

If you can splurge on it why not. How much is the limo?

Donsol, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trader airport limo service

Thanks....its 290 RM which I know is a lot more than a taxi.

Up to this stage in our trip we will have been staying in pretty much backpacker accomodation which is why i thought a splurge might be nice

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,538 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trader airport limo service

While it would be highly enjoyable, I would suggest the money be splurged elsewhere.

Unless you are coming in after midnight, the cab fare into the city via city cab would probably not exceed RM70. A premium limo might be about RM120 approx.

I would save the RM200 and have nice drinks at the skybar at traders. :-)

Donsol, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trader airport limo service

Thank you Maic

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
975 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trader airport limo service

I use the airport limo often to go from KL to the airport, as it is cheaper than a taxi, it's RM64.40 for the normal budget limo and they are always reliable. OK you don't get a towel or water! From KLIA to KL is RM74.30 for the budget, see

http://www.airportlimo.my/content.php

Edited: 08 August 2014, 08:59
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,976 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trader airport limo service

LOL LizinKL, don't think the Airport Limo is the same as the one from Traders.

The Hotels 'limos' are normally very nice cars - often european hi end brands - you get a smart driver, a 2500-500ml bottle of water and perhaps a cold towel. For me it is not worth the money, and a 105myr premier taxi from the airport leaves me over 150myr to spend how I wish!

Donsol, Philippines
Level Contributor
338 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trader airport limo service

Thanks all. I think I am going to use the standard cars from the airport and save the money for something else while in KL.

Jo x

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trader airport limo service

The Traders Limo is indeed a nice E Class Mercedes as a "minimum" - Have used used, it's very pleasant if you're coming in from a series of hops (long long day of travel) and want the easiest most relaxing method of getting to your hotel.

I highly recommend.

The "Airport Limo" services on the other hand are often worse than the Taxis and my one and only use of them was pre-booked by a travel provider - it was the scariest hour of my life up to that point, 1.30am, a car held together with Bungee cords and luck, a driver who would drive up the kerb and along the kerb to overtake traffic etc etc.

9. Re: Trader airport limo service

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 05:17