We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

Hi all,

I fly with Malaysia Airlines on a monday, boarding in Bali at 4.35am and landing in KLIA at 7.35am and the taking off again in KLIA AT 3.15pm.

All with Malaysia Airlines and all with UK passport...so thinking no luggage, double checking and an easy immigration run out of KLIA! The question is...then what?

I guess I would be out of the airport by 8.30am and would need to be back about 2pm. That give me 5.5 hours including travel time.

Is there a nice beach I could go to, or a park/wildlife centre. I need somewhere to stretch my legs, kill a few hours, eat some nice lunch etc. KL Sentral would be fine, but I'm guessing there's some nice spots for less city based activities?

All suggestions very welcome. I'm happy to take cabs and I think I've got the timings about right, so I just need location suggestions please...

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
35,973 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

Hi

5.5 hours is no time at all!

There is no horrid beach within 2 hours, and a nice beach is much further than that. There is no park or wildlife centre anywhere nearby. This is Malaysia, and land locked Kuala Lumpur! There is not a great choice of less city based actives around what is essentially a city location!

There is if you had more time. But not 5.5 hours.

You will be able to leave the airport within 20 to 40mins rather than an hour as you expect, as whilst you don't have to collect your bags you will have to clear immigration. It will take an hour to get to the city. There is not much around the airport. Putrajaya is within 20mins, but it is still a small city - lake, bridge and buildings!

As questions similar to yours get asked just about daily we have set up some Top Questions FAQs in the right panel part of this screen. Everyone forgets or misses the Top or Frequently Asked Questions/FAQs [especially if using smart phone / tablets / tablet apps], which are packed with lots of really great information about lots of really useful information!! If you are accessing TA via the smart phone / tablet app’ you won’t see the very informative Green banner or the FAQs in the normal app view on your phone, so suggest that you view the app it as full site mode / desk top view; or just use a laptop or pc to enjoy the information that has been collected. The Top Questions / FAQs ---> are on the right of all forum pages, you may have to click on ‘show more’ to reveal the full list!

-----> ----> ---> --> ->

you will find the Top questions about KUALA LUMPUR and the FAQs which can give a lot of the detailed information you will need to answer your questions [and probably a bit more], in particular ---->

-- AIRPORT INFORMATION --

-> FAQ Airport Long transits tripadvisor.com/Travel-g298570-c130480/Kuala…

Why not head into the city, sit in the KLCC park, marvel at the Petronas Towers, have a nice meal in the food court, take in the city and its unique views!

penang
Level Contributor
94 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

i would suggest you took ERL from KLIA to Putrajaya... And took bus at Putrajaya for sight seeing. Or took bus/ ERL service from KLIA to KL Central or KLCC .

Queensland
Level Contributor
1,018 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

KLIA has a very reliable airport to City train which takes around 30 mins. Although you said you'd prefer non city attractions given your time I think this would be the only viable option. KLIA is pretty remote and nothing worth while in the vicinity. If you haven't visited I'd suggest a city tour. There are a lot of sights in KL, and a few hours will give you a decent view of the city. Taxis are very cheap and plentiful unless it's raining, which it shouldn't at this time of day. It makes no difference if you are on a UK passport or any other foreign passport. There are 2 sides at immigration, one for Malaysia passport holders and one for foreign passports. There is a third for ASEAN countries but it's usually filled with the foreign passport holders who don't understand ASEAN. There can be queues so don't be cut short with your expectation of entering or exiting the country. My last visit took 2 hours to enter. Exit had about a 30 minute wait. It all depends on the amount of flights and the availability of staff at the desks.

4. Re: 7hr 40 mins in KL. Flying with Malaysia Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 05:17