We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Which Kuala Lumpur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jakarta
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

i really need your help... which hotel is good near petaling street or china town ? is there any ? and which i can find "fake" thing in malaysia ? is it in china town ? or is there anywhere else ?

best regard

marcell

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

marcell,

There is an abundance of fake goods to be found in Petaling Street market.

Two good and reasonably priced hotels in chinatown are the Malaya and the Swiss Inn. Stayed at them both before, Swiss in probably has the nicer rooms.

The are both in the same price range - about 120RM for a double room.

There are cheaper places, there are cheaper places in chinatown but I would not really recommend them unless your budget is very limited.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Hi marcell, Petaling Street = Chinatown.

Hotel that is good near Petaling Street= Ancasa, but not highly recommended, close to Puduraya bus terminal. About 5 minutes walk to the archway of Petaling Street.

In vicinity of Chinatown= Hotel Malaya and Swiss Inn, i.e. just walking out of the hotel lobby, you will have the Petaling Street street traders already.

Personally, I would opt for Mandarin Pacific, away from the street traders, and it is opposite an air-conditioned supermarket for convenience. Mandarin Pacific is about 5 minutes walk from the Chinatown mainstream of street traders.

3. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2006, 11:20
Jakarta
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

well, thank you for ur suggestion... it helps me a lot... hehehe... and is there any other hotel ? perhaps a better one ? hahaha.... my budget is around us$ 100 perhaps less... hehehe...... thank you guyz !!!

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Ah ! You should have stated your budget, normally if you make reservations for Petaling street area your budget is limited.

Lets try again !

sel.malaysia
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Swiss garden hotel ,walking distance between Petaling street China town/ Bukit Bintang(electronic good/software/computers/hand phone

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Swiss Garden, big step up, recommend it and is well within your budget. No Mandarin Oriental but very comfortable.

Check the website.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

Hi marcell, with your budget of USD100/night, I suppose, and not for the duration of your stay, why not pick a hotel around BUkit Bintang area, then you have the big choice of shopping centres, and you can take a monorail from Bukit Bintang or Imbi monorail station into Maharajalela monorail station, which by walking for about 5-8 minutes, will lead you into Chinatown.

Swiss Garden Resort Hotel is a comfortable and clean hotel, I have even patronised their Mandara Spa, whilst waiting for servicing of my vehicle, just few doors away. The real drawback of this hotel,is if one wants to walk to Chinatown (about 10-13 minutes walk), but since the road fronting Swiss Garden Resort leads into Puduraya bus terminal, one may have to be confronted with exhaust fumes, and chaotic traffic condition, and on most occassions, the big buses take up a whole stretch of a road, and making walking very dangerous--however, this could be counteracted, by walking across at the traffic light, before Menara Magnum, and then upon reaching Puduraya terminal-here gets very chaotic: touts shouting for your attention, and naming some destinations, cross over, when you see Ancasa Hotel,and on your right of Ancasa is Nando's (a Portugese grilled chicken outlet-under local franchise), and turning into a lane here, can also lead you onto CHinatown.

You may wish to check out these websites- marimari, pinganchorage, cuticuti, sinisini, to explore hotels around Bukit Bintang and their Internet rates.

Jakarta
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

well, guys thank's for the recomendation maybe i'll try the swiss garden.. kinda cooL.. hehee.. thx Guys !!

10. Re: need help !! which hotel near petaling street ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 15:18