We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Maldives

East Sussex
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Maldives

Hi

I think that my fiance and I have finally agreed that we would both like to go to the Maldives for our honeymoon in end of July early August of 2008. Could anyone let me have their experiences of the weather out there at that time as this is worrying us a little and also any tips of the best island to stay at for things to do and value for money.

Look forward to hearing your views

Missb000

Europe
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Best island to stay is Rania Experience. August is rainy season.

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Hi Missbooo,

Rain season depends what atoll / area--island you go to. thats if they have rain, dont be put of by rain season, when / if it does rain its mostly of a night and or a downpour then its gone, its stil hot and you still get a tan. theres lots of info on this sight re rain and atolls /seasons. As for best island ALL / most are good in Mdvs good food beaches and sea to die for and hot hot hot. Can recomend Sun Island --Meeru-- Dhonveli --Meed-- Kandooma--kURUDO.

nEED MORE JUST ASK.

cHEERS

rUMPS

Mentioned in this post
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
Meeru Island Resort & Spa
6,651 Reviews
Meerufenfushi
East Sussex
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Hi thanks so much for your response. Really glad you said what you did as we have just booked our honey moon today to Kuredu Island Resort - It looks gorgeous and I can't wait! Thanks for your response.

Missb

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Enjoy and have a good wedding / homneymoon, the Mdvs are the best you will go again.

Cheers

Rumps

Bilston, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Missb000,

My wife and I honeymooned out there in early July '06. Yes it is the rainy season and it will rain, but we found that even though it was raining, if you're in the pool or sea anyway, it doesn't really matter - you're already wet!!

We still came back pretty brown anyway, most of the rain seemed to fall in the evening anyway, the days were either sunny or overcast.

It sounds a lot worse than it is and Kuredu is superb, it was one of the islands on our shortlist, we chose Lily based on the contents of the All-Inclusive package in the end - it was that close!

I'm sure you'll have a lovely time. Just make sure you upgrade your flight going out, on a long flight to Male you'll appreciate the extra leg room and wider seats.

Mentioned in this post
Male
Male
North Male Atoll
Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Missboo

In my opinion upgrades are not worth the money, i would recomend booking / flying with first choice if going package otherwise and of the scheduled airlines.Whatever you do DONT GO WITH MONARCH-nO --NO --NO.

Rumps

Bilston, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

Agree about Monarch - good god, don't do that!

Flight upgrades - depends on what you want really. We personally would never go anywhere long haul without them. I'm quite tall, well 6ft, and find the normal seats can be a bit uncomfortable.

Plus you get other benefits besides just a wider seat and more legroom. Being able to walk past all the people in the main cabin and check in at your own desk is worth it alone! lol

I can appreciate at book value they can be expensive. However, if you can get a discount off them it makes the decision a lot easier. But sometimes if you book late you can get discounts off the upgrades - we got £100pp off the upgrades for example on flights to Kenya in May.

If you find the normal cabin fine, then you probably don't need the upgrade - its down to personal choice at the end of the day. You can sometimes, if the flight isn't full, upgrade when you get on the plane, just ask the staff on the plane when you get on if there are any spaces in the cabin.

You have to pay, but its cheaper than if you booked it before.

8. Re: Honeymoon in Maldives

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 02:16