We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair dryers and irons!!!

Which Male hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portsmouth
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Hair dryers and irons!!!

Were going to club faru 3 weeks today, silly as it sounds we wanted to know if the rooms have hairdryers and irons? What plug convertor do the plugs need as well I can't survive without straightners!!!

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

Hi

They do have hairdryers and they use the same three pin plugs that we do, you may find that within a few minutes of going outside because of the humidity your straightners wont have been much use, i usually just tie mine back or let it do it's own thing for two weeks

regards susie

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

I second that about the straighteners, I took mine on our first trip. About half an hour after walking out of the room my hair was far from straight, I could literally feel it volumising as I walked to dinner!!! I left the straighteners at home on our 2nd trip and will do the same when we go in December. I would invest in a decent spray on anti frizz spray/serum. There are some great products around now. I just wash my hair, towel dry and apply anti-frizz spray and bit of serum on the ends and leave.

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,956 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

Yes you CAN survive without straighteners and an iron!! You will be so laid back after 24 hours that you will go au naturel with your hair just like the previous posters said. Take very light cotton clothes that don't need ironed and save your luggage allowance too - and if the worst comes to the worst there will be some sort of laundry service on your island for emergencies where they can wash and press your clothes, it should be quite cheap too!

Have a fab time

Woody x

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

Hi Pastie,

Luggage allowance is so limited --so leave the iron and others at home, if things do need ironing, just if you have one hang it in the outside bathroom, or on your balcony, with the humidity things soon drop out, creases that is, lol Another tip, when packing dont fold your clothing, --roll everything up , this helps eliminate any creasing.

Rumps

London, United...
Level Contributor
337 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

We went to Faru a couple of years back and my straighteners were pointless. It is too humid. I wouldnt bother. Take lots of clips and stuff. Sorry!

Fife, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
8,956 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

There you go Pastie - they are a waste of time

W x

Halstead, United...
Level Contributor
867 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

Hi, I have the perfect answer to all your worries, I'm a hairdresser, just pop me in your suitcase and you won't have to worry!!! Your straighteners really are going to be useless, your hair is going to get so dry with the sun anyway and if you are going to put all that extra heat on your hair you are going to come home with your hair looking like wire wool. Leave them at home, buy a really good hair protector spray especially for the sun (wella professional is good!) and spray that on every morning. Everyone is in the same boat, maldives equals frizzy hair but it's sooooo worth it!!!

Portsmouth
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

Thanx everyone really helpful advice!!!

really can't wait to go now!! I'm going to invest in some anti frizz and protector stuff and some pretty hair clips!!! :)

9. Re: Hair dryers and irons!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2009, 06:33