We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water for travel kettle

Which Male hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Andover
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Water for travel kettle

6 weeks and 2 days to go to Club Faru (not that I'm counting the days down)!

A quick question that I hope someone maybe able to answer. I am taking my travel kettle, leaving the straightners at home though:) and wondered if it is ok to use the tap water to boil up in it and or if bottled water is supplied in the rooms?

Thanks, Lel

Divide, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
14,032 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water for travel kettle

as long as you let it really boil for a moment , tap should be fine .. bottled if you want to be very safe

Stourbridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Maldives
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water for travel kettle

we always use bottled water, dont think it's worth the risk

regards susie

Liverpool GB.
Level Contributor
7,430 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water for travel kettle

No risk with boiled water. May taste a bit iffie.

R

Andover
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Water for travel kettle

Thanks for your replies, think I'll use bottled water, better to be safe thatn sorry!

Folkestone, United...
Destination Expert
for Southern Ari Atoll, Maldives
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Water for travel kettle

Hi Leitel

Are you sure that tea making facilities are not supplied in the room in which case you don't need the kettle. All the islands I've been to have them

Regards

Doug

Andover
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Water for travel kettle

Hi Doug, no they don't supply them from what I have read, CLub Faru is back to basics, no telly, no fridge, just a bed!

It may sound basic, but based on everyones reviews, it is a great island for chilling. I am sure that my hubby will find a way to check out footy scores though!

Lel :)

7. Re: Water for travel kettle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 05:32