We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Faru

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Club Faru

Please reassure us that we hae not made a big mistake booking Faru.

Have just read the most recent review on TA and am a little worried. Knew Faru was close to an industrial island but I think these people must have found the worst possible place to take a photo.

The photo of the table they say they sat at to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner looked awful. None of the photographs on TA show the dining room to look anything like this, the chairs on the other peoples photo's look like they're made of whicker and bamboo or some kind of wood, not plastic.

If you have recently visited Club Faru could you please leave a comment on the forum. My husband and I fly out from Manchester on the 24th July for 2 long awaited weeks.

I look forward to reading any positive responses. I know Faru is only 3 stars and we are not expecting luxury, but nor are we expecting to sit on plastic seats to eat dinner, know what I mean?

Cheers, Marie

eastbourne
Level Contributor
232 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Faru

Hiya Marie

Calm down dear!

Please don't be put off by that photo. We were at Club Faru last month and really enjoyed it.There are tables outside the restaurant which many people request and are more than happy with, but as you have seen in previous reviews, the restaurant inside is very nice and you definately wont be sat on plastic chairs. Look at all the positive reviews and how most people were more than happy with their holiday, we certainly were and have booked to go back again in October.

Remember that the reviews are peoples own opinions, some people go without doing adequate research on places and are then disappointed when things are not as good as they have imagined. People sometimes want to pay 3 star prices and expect 5 star accommodation.

Go and enjoy your holiday and don't let the whingers put you off.

Regards,

Degs.

Fife
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Faru

Hi Sherrybaby

I left a review last week for Club Faru, a lengthy one at that. How the last review cannot say this was value for money i dont know. We LOVED it. It was our first experience of the Maldives, this last reviewer has been before. The pic of the industrial island was taken on the east side of the island and looks like it has been magnified. We stayed on this side of the island and if you dont want to look at it, turn your lounger the other way. Also, this was one of few outside tables and most people were sat inside. I think if you want an outside table just ask. Chairs inside are made of wood and bamboo. The food for me was awsome!! I did not see any sign personally of pre packed food, a lot of work goes into their massive selection. The review of people when we were there are how hard the gardeners work. Early each morning you will see little piles of rubbish round the island which has been gathered to be picked up promptly. If you have never been to Maldives before, i cant see how you wont love it. Why take a pic of one of the few tables outside the restaurant? Rarely will you see a bottle lying on the beach and if it is its gone the next morning. Have a great time, we did and i wouldn't hesitate to go back x

Faringdon, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Faru

Some people just have to moan!!! We were at Club Faru in April, and could not fault it in any way. It was our first trip to maldives, and we are booked to go to a different island next april...(we dont go back anywhere, you never get that wow factor a second time). On the plane home we filled the questionaire in, and ticked Faru "excellent" in every box. Relax and enjoy.

Bexley, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Faru

My son and his girlfriend returned last Monday from Faru, I showed them this review they were amaazed they also said the industrial estate photo had been magnified, I dont know but the photo of the sea weed could have been taken after a storm they had while there which was heavy rain and high seas, they also said some people liked the outside tables although they sat inside and enjoyed the food and the variety of it. All in all they had a fantastic holiday.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
313 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Faru

We went in April and sat outside of the restaurant which was fine with us as we had a table to ourselves. It was also nice to have a bit of a breeze whilst having our meals. Don't let a small thing like that put you off.

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
369 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Club Faru

Hi. We went in March and had a great holiday with no complaints about the food or the island. We had a room on the east side and no problem with view of industrial island.

We wouldn't hesitate to go again!

Enjoy

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Club Faru

Thank you so much for all the responses to my posting. I feel much relieved after reading the comments, I suppose I was being a little silly reacting as I did to one review but you know what it's like, some resorts can go down hill.

Going to forget all about that last review and take note of all the positive responses.

As this is our first visit to the Maldives we have nothing to compare it to. Reading most of the other reviews on TA it sounds like a little piece of paradise so can't wait to experience it for myself.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply, I really appreciate it and am now once again really looking forward to the 24th July.

Cheers, Yours grateully,

Marie & Other Half

Fife
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Club Faru

Hi Marie

I am very interested to hear how you get on when you get back x

nuneaton
11 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Club Faru

Agree with all comments.

The so called industrial island is 700metres away from the east side. All you can see is a bunch of 4 storey buildings and 2 red and white pylons.

There was no noise from it, no smoke, nothing - so not very industrial at all and no problem.

The food was so awful when I went that I put on 10 pounds in 2 weeks!

There are about 70 odd tables in the restaurants and only a handful were outside. If you don't like your seat - ask for a change, they'll do their best to oblige I'm sure.

Most debris washed up on the beach is sea grass and this is raked every morning at low tide. Plastic bottles do wash up on the beach but these come from other islands and passing vessels - not from Faru, in any case they are also cleared every day. Why blame Faru for other peoples litter? In fact, if me and the missus spotted any bottles we'd pick them up ourselves and pop them in the bin - just like we do at home.

And lastly, Benidorm it ain't, I know, I've been there.

Relax and enjoy.

Plymouth, England
Level Contributor
159 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Club Faru

Got back on the 1st June.

Yes you can see Male and the "industrial" area. I didnt see this as a problem or issue

Yes 2 blocks are being refurbished which is why they are empty and the island was much quieter - do people expect an entire island to be closed for a bit of painting and decorating??!!

We stayed on the east/hot side and it was beautiful. Food was fab especially the puds.

Snorkelling on the east side around the pipe was very good, trips and dive team were excellent.

The rooms are basic but comfortable.

I think the price reflects what you should expect. If you want 5 star then treble the budget.

I thought it was a great place (Zita was a huge help and lovely) and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it.

Enjoy !!

Tracey

Get answers to your questions about Male