We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre booking seats

Cheshire
8 posts
Save Topic
pre booking seats

Is it worth pre booking your seats or just to arrive early, any experience from previous flyers appreciated flying with thompsons.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
174 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pre booking seats

Hi

It costs £10 each to reserve a specific seat number, and we always do...then there's no rush to get to the airport....i'm also a nervous flier and it settles me to know where i'm sitting.

Last thomsons flight, a couple by us were upset as they were split up (3 rows apart) for the 10 hour flight.

But, I would say you'd be ok as long as you got to the airport at a reasonable time....

hope that helps.

Cheshire
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pre booking seats

Thanks for the reply.

Im going into the lounge before the flight so I will be arriving in plenty of time.

The travel agents just said that lots of people are prebooking their seats at the moment, even though it doesnt actually guarantee a seat next to eachother, it could be one infront or with the isle inbetween so it made me wonder if I should of not.

Thanks anyway.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pre booking seats

You can actually prebook the seat numbers that you want so that guarentees you sit together (at a cost of course)

.......susie

wigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: pre booking seats

We are fortunate to live near the airport so pay £10 to book in the day before.Gets rid of the suitcases and has always guaranteed seats together and window seats(a priority when arriving at the maldives)

uk
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: pre booking seats

I got my tickets through last week for flying at the end of the month through First choice to Iru Hilton which is part of thompson. Inside the ticket it says reserved seating is allocated since it`s one of their premier holidays. I was thinking to pay the £10 also but the ticket tells me the seats have been reserved for me already but no seating number. I assume it means we will be sitting next to each other????

uk
Level Contributor
854 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: pre booking seats

Hi

I would definitely recommend to pre book especially for your return flight as you have no control over the transfers and sometimes particularly if you are on a seaplane island, there are delays so it could be a mad rush to get to check in and you end up with whatever is left and this could mean not sitting together! I've seen it happen many times.

Cheshire
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: pre booking seats

Does anyone know the seating plan on thompson flights? Is it 3 and a 3 or 2,4,2? Also whats this about £10 checking in the day before? I live local to manchester airport and could do this. Thanks

Colchester
Level Contributor
507 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: pre booking seats

The Male flight is usually a Boeing 767 configured 2-3-2, unless they have to swap planes for any technical reason.

wigan
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: pre booking seats

We book with first choice and last year we went a day early and checked in our suitcases and received our boarding cards as well.

Had a choice of seats(apart from extra legroom ones)

and it cost a tenner,deffo worth it and be doing it again.

Sorry dont know if its just first choice that offer this service though?!

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
1,012 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: pre booking seats

Hi

Can anyone who has flown Thomson/First choice recently advise re day before check in?

Website says -

Day before check-in at Gatwick and Manchester Jetting off at the crack of dawn? Why not check-in your bags the day before? Available at Gatwick and Manchester – it’s free, and you don’t need to pre-book.

This service is available to customers travelling with Thomson Airways (Flight numbers. starting with TOM), with a scheduled departure time before midday. Our Day Before Check-in desks are open between 12:00-22:00.

The flight to Male is after midday..........

Thanks

Siobhan